Special Chapter 1

Astrid Summer Flores

An endless inevitable pursuit of pain. That has been my life's plot for as long as I can remember, every moment of my life has revolved around guilt, remorse, torture, and misery. I have been in constant battle with myself for as long as I can remember, I tried to push suicidal thoughts out of my mind yet sometimes it overpowers me that I end up weeping. Tomorrow, after school I want to end it all, every pint of emotion I have in me, I'm spilling it all out on the floor, the moment this blade touches my wrist is the moment when everything finally stops.

December 21st 2019

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock beeping.

Gosh, another day ahead of me, what's the point of getting up really?

I scrunched my nose and proceeded to sit on my bed, I took my phone and checked the time

6:30 AM

I have just enough time to get ready for school. I stood up and headed to the shower, as I entered I enhaled deeply, the lavander scent greeted me, it was the scent of tears, sadness, and sorrow evoking memories of pain, and regret, the kind I want to forget but could never do so, so in the end, it tears my heart in two again causing me to shed a tear. I turned on the warm water and took a long nice bath, as soon as I finished I grabbed my towel and headed back to my room. I grabbed my pink sweater dress pairing it with my boots, I like the cold, so I don't really mind being in my dress but I took another jacket just in case.

I walked out of my room and into the living room, mom was still in the kitchen sipping her coffee while reading the newspaper.

"I'm heading to school" I uttered receiveing a cold nod from my mother

We never really talked, I barely remember the last time we had a long converstaion, most of the time it would only be nods and a flick of the hand.

I headed to the garage and took my car and drove to school. Upon my arrival the place was bristling with snow, it looked like a scene from a Christmas movie. I stepped out of my car and headed inside the school, I was greeted by Madison and Addy who are the only two people in my life I could trust, and the only two people who knew how to distract me when my past seems to overwhelm me.

"Hey boo" said Madison

"Oh Hey" said Addy

"Hi girls" I replied sparingly

I took a look sround and saw people just minding their own business all caught up in their own world, barely even talking to each other, the school is usually brimming with students, but I guess winter isn't their thing. As I was looking around, I noticed a girl walk in front of us and stopped by the locker not far from mine. I couldn't help but feel familiar as I look at her, her soft mirren nose, she has a deep set of monolid eyes, and her lips were effortlessly pink.

"Hey Astrid, you okay?" Asked Madison

I didn't realize I was staring at her for so long that I spaced out

"That's Alanna" said Addy

"Yeah I know her" I told them

"The girl who has amnesia" said Madison

I furrowed my eyebrows in curiosity