Chapter 30- Worry

Alanna Sky Bauer

Last night, I couldn't ask for anything else, I felt complete knowing my family's back together making me think about comepletely dropping the thought of ending my life after the thousandth moment.

I slept late last night doing school works and woke up early to prepare myself for school, it's almost winter break so I don't mind hustling before vacation starts, it will start early this year compared to last year. I got on my car and stepped on the gas rushing to school, I wanted to see Astrid and tell her about what happened.

I arrived at school and still had 30 minutes left before classes start. Walking down the hallway, it seems that I was really early considering there's only a few people passing by, the atmosphere brought solace to my once restless heart. I was reminded of when I walked here with heavy emotions with my head down as I dragged my foot across the ground feeling like every step, I was closer and closer to giving up, now it feels like a faded memory of who I used to be.

I stopped by my locker and rummaged through it to find my History book. This place was a lot colder than it was before. I spent 20 minutes looking for Astrid who was no where to be found before I decided to head back to the room to wait for her as I was already freezing outside.

A few more minutes passed and the bell rang but Astrid still wasn't here, a sudden feeling of worry arose within me, my heart started beating fast as I unconciously lose focus in class.

"Ms. Bauer?" Said Ms. Grimmel

I was startled by my teacher's voice

"Good morning, good your mind's back on earth" she uttered making me sigh

Class started, Astrid didn't show up.

I kept looking outside wishing she'd somehow show up in front of the door saying she woke up at 7:30 or saying sorry for coming to school late.

5 minutes.

She's still not here

10 minutes.

No sign of her

15 minutes.

Not here.

30 minutes.

Still not here. I was beginning to feel anxious, she's never missed school or even if she did, she'd tell me.

525th.

Worried.

I waited for class to finish before I decided to text her.

Where are you? Are you sick?

During lunch I approached Madison and Addy hoping they'd have a clue on what's happening with Astrid.

"Hey Madison, Addy" I called out, both of them looked my way as I walked towards them

"Do you guys know why Astrid didn't come to school today?" I asked

"I know it's a bit stupid to worry too much maybe she's just sick or maybe..." I started nervously speaking

"Hey Alanna, it's okay, we're worried too, she hasn't called or even texted us" Addy answered

"Well, do you think she might be home? Do you think she's fine?" I worriedly asked

"She never disappeared before without us knowing her whereabouts, but she'd always go to the treehouse when she did" Madison uttered concern obvious in her voice