10

"Master will be here soon," Shigaraki's voice was calm as he spoke, but there was a hint of something fearful in him.

He was so young... You could still see an innocence clinging onto him in the way his eyes shown.

"Your master." You said hoarsely, still in need of water and food. "Is he kind?"

"Yes. He treats me with only kindness."

You looked up at him, then back down at the chair he was sitting you down on.

"I don't believe you." You whispered.

Shigaraki took your hand, cocking his head to the side.

"I made you a promise." He said. "Master wants you safe. You will be. I wouldn't lie to you."

He was telling the truth.

But as the lights turned off, the room pitch-black, and he let your hand go, his words lost all meaning.

His "master" entered the room with clacking, threatening steps. And though you could not see, you could hear.

"Little girl." He said, a shiver going down your spine.

He said a number of things that you could no longer remember.

But he said one thing you'd never forget.

"Prove yourself." He ordered, and so with your will to see Shigaraki's promise fulfilled you used that power you barely knew.

You took all the oxygen from that pitch black room as was ordered of you.

You proved yourself.

That was the first time your ears ever started ringing.
If only they hadn't...
You would've heard your parents tied up in the corner... suffocating as they died...

***

"Get the hell out of my way Deku!" Bakugo threw himself into the opening at the USJ, you at his side as your jumped at Kurogiri.

The warp gate monster was aiding Shigaraki and his "nomu" beast fight All Might and Mydoria.

But your plan was enough to stop him.

"Bakugo!" You called, as you planted your hands onto Kurogiri's neck armor and focused hard enough to weaken it.

With a blast from his hand, Bakugo pinned the armor down too, only a subtle glow of light shinning under his palm as a threat.

"Guess I found your body that time you smokey bastard." He smirked, Kirishima mocking him from the sidelines.

"Y/n." The 'bastard' spoke, out of breath, a sort of terror resonating as your cold, hard hands gripped his now un-carbon-linked armor.

"Where's Shoto, you coward?" You whispered, teeth grinding together.

But Shoto was watching the whole thing. In fact he'd frozen half of those cowards when you were separated.

Tugging your shoulder backwards, Todoroki put some distance between you and Kurogiri.
Your eyes went wide as soon as you felt him.

"One of your poorly trained thugs told me you're here because you think you can kill All Might." He said, holding you behind him. "The symbol of peace will not be defeated by delinquents like you. As for the innocent girl you are attempting to kidnap," Todoroki and Bakugo made eye contact as he let you go and laid his own icy hand onto Kurogiri's neck. A zing of coldness hit Kurogiri as he groaned in surprise.