| 13 |

Red Room

13

Week 4.

"OVER HERE ANGELIKA!"

Natalia said in amusement, twisting her leg around as she gently roundhouse kicked Angelika. She quickly dodged, lowering her head while smiling.

Though the Winter Soldier had once said he'd never let her step onto one of the training mats, he allowed her to train with Natalia. The woman was gentle with his gift, and he was glad.

It had been two weeks since he'd been training Adelaida and Natalia privately, and they always had the training room to themselves. The Winter Soldier didn't like Adelaida one bit. She'd always try to turn their training into something else, which he didn't quite understand. He was an impatient soldier because he liked to get things done fast. Adelaida was always trying to distract him, that may be the reason why he always beat her up after every fight.

Adelaida didn't seem to mind, because she could handle his fights, and she just seemed to be happy for being able to spend time with him.

The soldier watched as Angelika lunged at Natalia. Natalia pretended to stumble backwards, hitting the ground as Angelika attacked her. Angelika let out a giggle as she sat on top of Natalia who gasped, pretending to die.

"Oh no I'm dying." Natalia said, placing a hand against her forehead dramatically.

Angelika rolled off of Natalia, laughing hysterically. The Winter Soldier had finished training Natalia for the night, and they were supposed to have returned thirty minutes ago, but he found himself unable to.

Everyday he'd just say five more minutes. He'd been saying 'just five more minutes' for the past six days. So here they were, spending more time together than they were allowed to.

The Winter Soldier genuinely liked being around Natalia. Sure her questions would get annoying, but she'd talk about herself the same. She wouldn't push him too much about any topics he was uncomfortable with.

He knew he wasn't supposed to be making, well, friends, because he wasn't human, and only a weapon, but he couldn't stop himself.

Angelika giggled as she got back onto her feet. Natalia stood up, smiling softly at her.

Natalia had heard Angelika say papa before, but other than that she'd never seen the girl speak once. She knew Angelika wasn't mute since she could clearly talk. Of course she didn't ask the girl why she didn't want to talk, but she was still curious.

"We should probably get going." The Winter Soldier said, walking forwards.

"Yes sir, Winter." Natalia said jokingly.

She had been calling him Winter, instead of soldier, since soldier was more of a title. At least Winter was closer to a name.

The soldier rolled his eyes playfully before glancing  at the clock and her gaze followed his eyes. She was completely surprised by the time.

"Why didn't you tell me the time?" She asked and he sighed.

"It looked like you and Angelika were having fun." He said and she smiled softly.

"Why that's very nice of you, Winter." She said and he shrugged, before he looked at her seriously.

"We have to go before they find us here." He said quietly and Angelika jumped over towards him, dragging her fleece blanket as she did so.