| 57 |

Aftermath

57

Somewhere in Pennsylvania

"FRIDAY?" I WHISPERED and one of my Kimoyo beads glowed. I crouched forwards slightly, pushing my head out from the side of my hiding place. I quickly pulled back, tapping on another Kimoyo bead. A holographic image appeared and I spun it quickly.

"I can confirm there is one person in the building." FRIDAY whispered back and I let out a small sigh of relief, shoulder's relaxing as I pulled myself out of my strategic hiding spot- just a random crate.

I tip-toed towards the stairs, glancing down at my Kimoyo bead a second time. I was getting closer and closer to a familiar figure, and my stomach buzzed with nerves. I stepped upstairs silently, avoiding the creaky steps.

I was somewhere in an abandoned warehouse, which was completely empty of anyone, except for me and the person I'd been searching for. And I hoped it was the right person. I stepped down a hall, silently pressing myself against the wall. I slowly pushed open the door and peaked my head inside. I breathed in sharply, the barrel of a gun pointed at my forehead.

"It's just me!" I shrieked and the gun lowered slowly.

"Angelika?"

Her voice seemed strained, and her eyes were tired. Her hair was blonde- I'm pretty sure it was dyed- and she was heavily armed, with guns strapped against her thighs and waistband. Her shoulders were tense, and she clutched her gun tightly as if she didn't believe I was there.

Natasha, quite frankly, looked like she'd gone through hell and back, or at least was running from hell, and trying to get the hell out.

"Auntie Nat?" I said hesitantly, pushing the door open a bit wider.

I stepped inside and Natasha shut the door behind me. She wrapped her arms around me tightly, pulling me into her chest. I bit my tongue as her arms wrapped around my back wound, which had gotten progressively worse to the point I had to take painkillers.

"What are you doing here?" She said, furrowing her eyebrows with concern.

"Didn't you hear? We all came back- from Wakanda." I said and she blinked a few times.

"No, I know that, but that doesn't explain why you're here or how you found me." She said and I fiddled with my fingers.

"I'm here because. . .because we all miss you and we want you to come home." I said and she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Did Tony send you?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No, I snuck out again." I mumbled and she raised an eyebrow.

"Again?" She said and I scratched the side of my head.

"Oh god, you're becoming more and more like Bucky." She said light-heartedly and I pouted.

I paused, taking in the details of the room. There was a small cot in the corner, a small table besides that, and several weapons hidden beneath a bag. There was nothing else- it looked like she'd just crashed there the other night.

"Auntie Nat, what- why are you-?"

"HYDRA caught a whiff of my scent when I fought the other Black Widows." She said and I had to register what she said.

"Other Black Widows?" I said with wide eyes and she nodded slightly.

"Yes, it's better if I don't return to the compound." She said and I shook my head furiously.