| 21 |

Present Day- 2019

21

Wakanda.

HIS SOLE PURPOSE was to serve HYDRA and that was it.

He was their dog, and that's it.

And Angelika was the unfortunate pup he took care of.

There was nothing they could do to change that.

Or well, that's what they thought.

___________________

"I remembered their love when they could no longer remember."

|. . .

I ignored the cursor that blinked on my computer.

"Or well, that's what they thought." I read aloud to myself, shaking my head at my own writing.

I shut the computer lid, leaning back into my chair with a small yawn. I glanced at the time to see it was 2:00 am.

My stomach rumbled painfully.

I hadn't eaten since. . .geez, when had I eaten at all?

I shook my head, standing up.

As I walked down the hall to get some Cheerios- definitely not Sam's- I couldn't help but think about the fact my papa killed JFK.

I mean, he was a president I was learning about in online school, and to know my papa was the one who got rid of a famous- a loved man- it was heartbreaking.

I knew more than anyone my papa didn't have a choice in the matter of killing him.

I shuddered, hugging myself.

If my papa hadn't killed the man- if he had refused. . . I didn't want to think of the repercussions.

Besides, he had finished it. He had complied. We were safe.

Not for long.

My subconscious said and I grasped my head, wincing as pain shot up my mind.

My body was having a tough time keeping me alive when I wasn't eating and, well, that comes with a price.

I always had a pounding headache, but now it had come alive. It was like I was a five year old again, isolated in a cell without my papa and completely detached from the world.

He didn't comply. They'll come for you. They'll come!

My subconscious taunted and I gritted my teeth, ignoring it as I rushed towards the kitchen.

To my surprise Steve and Sam were both sitting at the table, laptops in front of them.

Glancing at Sam, I realized he was probably watching a movie. His eyes were filled with amusement and from the way his shoulders were shaking he was trying to keep in a laugh.

Steve looked like he was doing some high-detective work, not that I really cared anyway.

He didn't comply.

I clenched my jaw, fists shaking to my sides. I stormed inside, grabbing one of the kitchen cabinets and ripping it open, unfortunately, off its hinges.

I wasn't some enhanced Super soldier, but I was strong enough to trash the room I was in.

God I felt like my papa when he had his 'episodes'.