| Angelika or- Hope? |

My Thought Process

HI! THIS IS JUST A small note about Angelika and how she came to be. This also explains certain significant events throughout the book and why I chose to put them there.

I'm basically revealing my 'behind the scenes' work on certain chapters.

Angelika was actually not supposed to be 'Angelika'.

Crazy, I know.

Not really, but anyway, I actually thought up several characters to fit the 'CHILD' role.

The first character CHILD was supposed to be based off of was a little girl named Hope Grace, the daughter of Marci Grace, a famous pianist. Hope was supposed to be the main character and have a father-daughter relationship with the Winter Soldier.

This would then cut the book in half, only writing parts about CA: TWS, and CA:CW, then the 'Aftermath'.

I actually stuck with this idea for quite a few chapters.

I like to write all my chapters on google doc's just because it makes editing, publishing, and writing so much more easier. I recommend people to write on other files before bringing it over on Wattpad.

I used to have problems with Wattpad deleting my unpublished chapters- ehem-

Anyway, I wrote about ten chapters before I realized I wasn't really inspired.

That's where Angelika came about!

She rekindled my want to write 'CHILD'. She would be there from the beginning of Bucky's miserable time in HYDRA, and with her smart understanding mind, things would make more sense and not as choppy.

So Angelika became the main character and here we are now.

There are a few scenes in this book I'd like to point out.

In Part 1, Project: Child, chapter 7 writes about Bucky regaining his memories after a failed mission. I want to point this out because a lot of people believe Bucky fought the organization for twenty years, and I wasn't sure how to interpret this.

I was unsure if that made any sense because that would make Bucky 47, as in, he'd look 47. Then I wondered if the super soldier serum Bucky was injected with would slow-age him.

But Steve comes back from Infinity War as an old grandpa, after having something similar injected to him.

So I assumed Bucky failed a few missions before he was re-wiped and put under cryo for most of his inactive 'twenty years'. Either that or he was taken out for days at a time to be trained, then put back into the fridge.

. . .That makes me sad.

Could you imagine enduring all of that, only for the man you said 'I'll be with you till the end of the line' to come back as an old grandpa?

I mean I get that Sam and Bucky have some sort of relationship, but Steve was literally Bucky's brother.

Of course Steve got the closure he always wanted, since he never really let go of the past. And I understand Bucky had let go of the past as much as he could, trying to look towards the future.