| 16 |

Missions

16

1963

"СОЛДАТ, У ТЕБЯ НОВАЯ МИССИЯ."

Soldier, you have a new mission.

The Winter Soldier breathed heavily as he tried his best to ignore the splitting headache that ripped itself through his mind. He was sitting in the chair again, the metal clamps around his arms disappearing to the sides of the chair.

He didn't know how long it had been since he had last been taken out of cryofreeze, nor did he seem to care. He had a new mission, according to his handler, and he needed to complete it- whatever the mission was.

Angelika sat on his lap, holding her fleece blanket tightly to herself as she looked at him with worry. She had witnessed him screaming again, and well, she was unsettled to say the least. She wondered if he remembered Natalia, but from his blank gaze she knew the machine had been successful at taking away his memories. She was sad, and she doubted they would ever leave this place.

The soldier barely gave her a glance, looking at Colonel Karpov who handed him a vanilla folder. He grabbed it with his normal arm, flipping it open.

____________________

ФАЙЛ 5291917

ИМЯ: Джон
ФАМИЛИЯ: Кеннеди

ДАТА РОЖДЕНИЯ: 29 мая 1917 года
МЕСТО РОЖДЕНИЯ: Бруклин, Массачусетс

РАСА: Кавказец
ВОЗРАСТ: 46
РОСТ: 6' 0''
ВОЛОСЫ: Красновато-Бурый
ГЛАЗА: Зеленовато-Серый

ЗАНЯТОСТЬ: Президент
ЯЗЫКИ: Английский

СТАТУС: Живой
____________________

FILE 5291917

NAME: John
SURNAME: Kennedy

DATE OF BIRTH: May 29, 1917
PLACE OF BIRTH: Brooklyn, Massachusetts

RACE: Caucasian
AGE: 46
HEIGHT: 6' 0''
HAIR: Reddish- Brown
EYES: Greenish- Grey

EMPLOYMENT: President
LANGUAGES: English

STATUS: Alive

____________________

The Winter Soldier read the file silently, and Angelika looked over at it curiously. Her heart stopped when she read that the man's status was alive. There was only one reason why Karpov would give the soldier that file.

"Убить, а потом подставить Ли Харви Освальда."

Kill and then frame Lee Harvey Oswald.

Karpov ordered, showing the soldier a picture of a Caucasian man with dark brown hair.

Angelika looked at her papa sadly, knowing he'd have to take a life again.

The Winter Soldier merely nodded, handing the file back to his handler and standing up from the chair. He gently placed Angelika besides him as the pair were led down the hall and into another room. To the left of them was a metal table fitted with the weapons he was allowed to have. To the right of him was a change of clothes for Angelika.