| 40 |

CA: CW

40

Berlin, Germany.

"MISSION REPORT, DECEMBER 16TH, 1991."

The man ordered and Angelika stepped forwards. The Winter Soldier's eyes shifted as he looked at the little girl.

"Папа."

Papa.

She said quietly and recognition flickered between his eyes.

The Winter Soldier frowned at how old she looked but he dismissed the thought, walking forwards in powerful strides, picking her up around the waist.

"Привет, Энджи."

Hello Angie.

He said gently before he turned back to the unfamiliar man who had spoken the words to control him.

The man was unphased by their interaction, and the Winter Soldier assumed the man knew what he was doing. He must be HYDRA, and if he wasn't, well, the soldier wasn't allowed to question the man anyway.

"Извлеченный. Свидетелей ликвидировали."

Extracted. The witnesses were eliminated.

The soldier said, confusion flickering behind his eyes. He didn't understand why the man wanted to know a mission report from such a long time ago.

Angelika tapped his shoulders and he gently put her down. She clutched his sweatpant leg tightly as she cowered away from the man who had turned her papa into an almost mindless soldier.

"Speak english." The man demanded and the soldier straightened, not wanting to receive a punishment.

"Extracted. The witnesses were eliminated." He clarified and he frowned.

"Who were the witnesses?" The man asked and the Winter Soldier paused.

He had been shown two files, if he could remember well. He narrowed his eyes as he tried to remember his witnesses' names.

"Howard and Maria Stark." He finally said, the names oddly familiar.

"Where did you return, soldier?" The man asked and the soldier stiffened, his confusion growing almost overwhelming.

"A base in Siberia." He said and the man grabbed his smartphone from the desk, scrolling through it before pointing to one of the HYDRA bases listed on it.

"This one?" He asked and the soldier nodded stiffly.

The man looked at him, satisfied with his answer. Angelika watched the man nervously as he shut the red book in his hand, placing it on the table behind him.

"You have a new mission soldier." He said what Angelika dreaded most and her grip on her papa tightened.

The Winter Soldier straightened, looking at the man for further orders.

"Protect me until the agents guarding this room are dead. Then, return to the base in Siberia in any way you see fit." The man said before pausing. "There's a helicopter on the roof of this building."

The Winter Soldier knew what that meant- bring hell to the building, and he would do just that- ignoring the thoughts in the back of his mind that begged him not to.

The man put a keycard on an electric scanner. The heavy duty doors opened, revealing several agents beating or killing each other.

They're heads turned at the sound of the door and some of them attempted to call backup, whilst others looked at the soldier as if he was a dog.