Chapter 5

We were climbing a mountain.
Yup, that's what we were supposed to do to get the sword of sanctuary or whatever the hell it is.

Snow was everywhere and I was about to get frozen... Damn I should've brought my new coat that Nya got me, I never got to wear it. Morro on the other hand didn't have any difficulties with the weather considering he's a ghost.

Both of us were using our element to get higher. The ghost possessing me was having a hard time.

"Come on!" Morro shouted at me.

"It's hard for me to fly with this weight! She's so heavy!"

I'm NOT heavy you- stop getting on my nerves, I can't slap myself to hurt you.

I missed controlling my body.

"Come on, Anima! Be useful for once! We can't miss the portal!" oh so that's the ghost's name. (Anima means 'soul', the name is suggested by QueenieCalista)

Morro did airjitsu and got to the top. I must admit, airjitsu looked awesome. I don't even know how but Anima did airjitsu too and stood next to Morro.

The two ghosts that came with us were already waiting for us on the top of the mountain.

After a few seconds, Morro started complaining non-stop.

"Ugh ! Where's the portal!" he complained.

"Patience Morro," one of the ghosts tried to calm him down, but failed.. obviously.

"I can't wait any longer! It's getting on my nerves!" you don't physically have nerves, ghost boy.

He continued his complaining, when did he become so annoying? Oh yeah, since he left the monastery when we were kids.

"If the ninjas got the sword of sanctuary before I do-"

"Stop it, you're being childish," I, somehow said.

They all looked at me. Morro asked "what did you say, Anima?"

"It wasn't me! It's this girl trying to break free of my possession!" Anima defended herself.

"It's not my problem! Control it!" Morro ordered and looked up at the sky.

One of the ghosts spoke "the portal is going to take hours."

"I don't think so," Anima said sounding sure of what she said.

"What do you mean?" Morro asked.

"Let's just say I'm in contact with someone willing to leave the back door open."

<<<<< - .. -- .  ... -.- .. .--. >>>>>

Lloyd's POV

We arrived at the Cloud Kingdom. I looked beneath me and saw clouds, we were walking on clouds... Life doesn't have any logic.

A man, probably in his 40s came out of the building in front of us. He greeted us and led us inside.

The place was full of people writing while wearing hoods over their heads. I looked like a library.

"We were expecting your arrival."

"How?" Jay asked.

The man turned to look at us, his hands were holding each other. "In this realm, our words matter. In this kingdom, we are the writers of destiny, here it was decided that Lloyd should be the green ninja," he said while pointing at me.

He took a scroll from one of the writers "and now, that Zane should find his voice again."

Zane spoke and his voice was back to normal.

Jay complained "he doesn't talk like a pirate anymore!"

The man was about to say something when Jay walked to one of the writers and interrupted "oh guys look! He's writing about Dereth!"

Jay accidentally spilled the ink on the scroll.

"Oh! Poor Dereth!" the writer said in worry. Jay let out a guilty laugh.

The man kept walking as we follow him. Kai spoke "if you know what's going to happen next, then you know how important to us is to get the sword of sanctuary."

"Yes, and I also know that you made a promise to save your friend Y/n, sadly we can't ensure promises because we aren't allowed to take sides."

Jay bumped into Zane.

The man turned to us again and whispered "I'm not allowed to tell you this but we intended to keep Morro in the cursed realm."

Cole asked "what do you mean 'intended'?"

"He wasn't supposed to escape, he somehow defied destiny." He walked to Cole and put his hand on his shoulder "do you think we wanted you to become a ghost? Or Y/n to get possessed?"

"Wait a minute, Y/n is possessed?!" I asked.

We all had the same questioning faces. The man who I still don't know his name sighed "she's possessed by one of Morro's ghost friends, Anima."

He looked at me and added "Morro made a deal with Y/n that he'll leave you if she joined him, and she didn't have a choice but to save you."

That made me regret all the times in my life that I pranked Y/n in.

The man continued to speak "ever since Morro broke free, things have been happening outside of our control.... To be honest, we don't know how this will end."

He turned his back to us. Kai walked to him "then quit talking and give us the sword, we'll find a way to stop Morro."

"Look, we want to give it to you, but first, the Master Writer wants to see you."

We started following the man, Kai spoke "fine, then show us to this 'Master Writer'."

We walked outside and before we get on the flying boat, I noticed someone.

"Guys! It's y/n!" they all looked at her. She was standing on the top of a building like a bodyguard wearing the Allied Armour, but there was something wrong, she was alone, Morro wasn't there.

The man ordered "quick! We don't have much time! Morro must have been on his way!"

We jump in the boat but a strong wind pushed us back. We hardly managed to hang on the rocks of the road.

I look at Y/n and she was laughing. We all get up and help the man up too.

"We don't have time to see the Master Writer, Morro probably got the sword by now!" I said.

I looked back at Y/n but she was nowhere to be seen.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Word Count : 1011.
I keep imagining the ending of the book for some reason.
Also, thanks to QueenieCalista for suggesting a name for the ghost girl.
Thanks for reading, bye! 👋