Chapter 14

I get out of R.E.X. and look around.

R.E.X. Made a sound "destination reached, auto return initiated."

"Auto return? No, no! Bad R.E.X! Bad!" Jay said as if he was talking to a puppy.

The guys tried to chase it but it went underwater.

Zane said "our Aeroblades were there.."

"We might find another way out when we finish our mission," I said.

Jay spoke "I hope Morro didn't find this place yet."

"Yeah," I muttered and walked forward. I could hear the boys whispering behind me.

"You think she's okay?" Kai asked.

Zane spoke "I don't think she is."

Cole started talking "when we found old pictures of her and Morro, she seemed pretty depressed."

"I don't think they were just friends," Jay said, silence followed.

"Jay, it's not the time for shipping," Lloyd told him.

More silence.

"Maybe we should ask her," Zane suggested and I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"Hey Y/n... Are you okay?" Lloyd asked.

"I'm fine."

Zane said "you don't look fine."

I sighed, Jay put his hand on my shoulder "you can tell us anything, we're family and we'll do anything to help you."

"He's right," Cole said "you can tell us anything, we'll do our best to help."

"Thanks guys," I said "I'm actually really confused about something."

Kai spoke "let's go, you can tell us on the way."

We started walking.

"I had a dream a few days ago," I started "it wasn't a normal dream, it was a memory, a memory of the last day I saw Morro alive."

They listened quietly without interrupting, which was pretty weird.

"when I woke up a few minutes ago, I was having the same dream, but I saw some stuff that weren't in my memories."

Zane spoke "like what?"

I replied "I saw Morro standing behind the girls room with a gift box, which was impossible since I was in the room at that time, and I saw Morro writing something in the boys room which girls weren't allowed to enter."

"That's impossible," Zane said "if your dream was about a memory, it shouldn't show anything you couldn't see in the past."

"Yeah, that's pretty weird," Kai said.

Lloyd spoke after a three-seconds silence "maybe it wasn't your memory?"

We stopped and looked at him. I asked "what do you mean?"

"Maybe it's Anima's? Weren't you possessed by her?"

"But how? You're saying that Anima was there? In the monastery?" I asked, kind of understanding what he meant.

"Think about it, maybe when she possessed you, some of her memories transferred to you," he said.

Zane spoke "maybe that's possible."

I was still confused, I still knew things I didn't tell them. Was Anima watching Morro and me when we were kids? Why did she even disappear so suddenly?

I was confused, but I put my thoughts aside.

We saw a door and got inside. Inside, there were many other doors, each one had a symbol.

Cole spoke "this could be the first test."

"Test? what test?" I asked.

Lloyd answered "my mom said there will be tests, she also told us something... What was it, Zane?"

"A Spinjitzu Master can. A Spinjitzu Master cannot. To move forward, don't look ahead, to find his resting spot."

"Wow," I said "so this is supposed to help us?"

"Yeah," Kai said.

Jay looked at each door "sixteen doors, for Sixteen Realms?"

Cole spoke "Well, could be. But let me guess, pick the wrong door and we'll be in a realm of hurt."

Kai was repeating the first half of the riddle or whatever it is, trying to figure out what it means.

I looked at the door, each one had a symbol, but also had a man carrying a crystal, each door had the man carrying the crystal in a different direction from the others...

Jay saw a door with a tornado on "this  could be the one right?"

Kai said "you could be right."

Jay was about to open the door when I realized....

"These are like frames," I said, they all looked at me "like an animation, it has frames, it's drawing a picture."

"You're right, it's a zoetrope," Zane said.

"A zoe-what?" Kai was confused.

Zane explained "A zoetrope. The engravings in rapid succession creates a moving image."

Cole said "I still don't get it."

I told him "like I said, Cole, it's like an animation, you should put all of them together to see the full image."

Kai mumbled " 'a spinjitzu master can'... Do spinjitzu!"

Zane did spinjitzu "he's creating some sort of image," he stopped and pointed at the door we came through "That one. That's the door out."

Cole was confused as the others "I don't know, Zane. Isn't that the same door we came in? Are you sure?"

"Cole, our whole life doesn't make sense and you're confused about this?" I asked.

Zane asked "are you sure you want to doubt a Nindroid?"

Kai told us to open the door. Jay opened it.

"But...that's wasn't here before. How can it be the way, if that's the way we came in?" Cole asked.. again.

Kai said and walked in "Well, welcome to the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master."

Jay spoke to Zane "Hey, hey! Nice one, Zane. Who needs the Sword of Sanctuary when you've got a Nindroid?"

We walk in, I wonder how my mom and aunt are doing.

3rd POV

"Why are we here? Why are we doing nothing?" Y/n's aunt asked her older sister.

"Oh come on, be patient," Y/n's mother sighed and approached Nya.

"Do you see them?"

"No."

Y/n's mother asked "I was wondering that since you are my daughter's friend-"

"Best friend," Nya corrected while still searching for the ninjas.

"Yeah, so.. Can you tell me what she's like? What type of friends does she have outside the team? Her interests?"

"Okay, but I think Morro's friends wanted to give us a visit," she said as she saw Soul Archer, Bansha and...

Nya gasped, Y/n's mother asked "what? What did you see?"

"It's..... Anima."

-----------------------------------------------------------
Word Count : 1020.
Dun dun duuuuuuun !!
.... I think it was obvious though.
Okay, I know I didn't update faster but I'll try to update more from now on...I just want to finish the book so I can either start the sequel or take a long break.
Anyways, thank you all for the support!
Bye! 👋