Chapter 15

We got to the second test and see a golden staff.

Kai spoke "The Staff of the First Spinjitzu Master." He walked towards the staff.

"Wait!" Lloyd said.

"What?" Kai stopped and looked back at us.

Cole spoke "This is the second test, remember?" he looked at Zane "Zane, what do you think?"

"Pixal doesn't see any pattern, for this riddle, I'm at a loss."

Jay reminded us of the riddle "Think about it. The first test was a 'A Spinjitzu Master can.' So this one's 'A Spinjitzu Master cannot.' Though, saying it out loud, I don't like the sound of that."

"The first time you say something logical," I said.

"Hey !"

Lloyd calmed him down "she's kidding, Jay, don't take everything literally."

Kai walked forward and stepped on a tile that activated a trap "uh-oh!"

We dodge the flying arrows.

"Is everyone okay?" Cole asked.

I walked to Kai "why the heck didn't you wait until we solve the riddle?!"

"Well I didn't know that there were traps, alright! Stop blaming me!"

I sighed and looked at the staff, why do they even want it? I don't know.

"Guys," I started "why do you even want the staff? We came here for the crystal and Morro could easily get it if we waste our time trying to get the staff."

They looked at each other then agreed with me "you're right, we should hurry," Jay said.

I was about to walk back to them - since I was closer to the staff and I didn't want more traps - but unfortunately, I stepped on another trap.

"Y/n!!" I heard the guys yell as I fall underground screaming.

"DAMN YOU CLUMSY Y/N!!" I yelled at myself as I fall and hit the ground..

... But I didn't die, why didn't I?

The ground was cold, I opened my eyes and saw myself sliding on ice like if I was at the amusement park.

"Guys! Come down here!"

"Y/n! You're alive!!" I heard them from above.

I was laughing in excitement as I stand and start skating on ice.

I hear the guys behind me, some were laughing, poor Kai was scared, Jay was bragging about the competition he won with his mom -and he told us about that when we were in Chen's tournament of elements- then became a bit scared like Kai.

"Try to stay together!" Kai yelled.

Jay responded "stay together?! I'm trying to stay in one piece! aaahhh!!"

We all fall on top of each other, and poor me was at the bottom of this ninja pyramid.

"Get off of me! I can't breathe!" I yelled and they got off of me apologizing.

"Is everyone okay?" Zane asked.

"Aside from me suffocating seconds ago? Yeah, everybody is okay," I said.

"Huh! Whoa!" Kai said and walked towards an ice wall. "If my reflection means anything, I'm starting to think we won't be breaking out of this maze any time at all."

I walked towards my reflection, I looked older, my hair was longer/shorter (whatever you want) and wore a f/c qipao.

Zane looked at his reflection "My reflection. Is that...me?" he took a closer look "I look older, but our attire is different. I don't believe these reflections reveal our inability to escape, but a mere glimpse of our future selves."

I stared more at my reflection, then at the person next to her...

It was Morro carrying a little girl, she had her black hair in low pigtails and was excited about the mini hurricane she made with her hand.

I... Had no words.. Does this mean-? No.. No it can't be.

I tried to convince myself, but I completely failed after I saw the ring on my reflection's finger.

"Oh shit."

"What's wrong Y/n ?" Jay asked "what did you see?"

"No it's... nothing," I kept staring at my reflection thinking.

When why where and how?! Why does Morro look human? Why does it have to be him?!

I looked at Lloyd "what do you see, Lloyd?"

"I look more mature, I also have lighter hair and it's a bit longer than now."

"You only notice the hair?" I asked.

"Oh come on, what else would I describe? The new ninja gi?"

Cole spoke, cutting our conversation "Misako said 'To move forward, don't look ahead.' Is that what it means?" he got surprised "Wait a minute, why is it I can't see my reflection? Where is my reflection?"

"It's probably because you're a ghost," Kai said.

"Kai, vampires are the ones who don't have reflections, not ghosts," I said.

Zane added "You're probably just looking in the wrong place."

"I am looking at the same place you are."

"Hey, guys, guess what. I get an awesome eyepatch! And there's something else," Jay said then gasped.

Cole asked him "What Jay? What is so great that you see that I clearly cannot?"

"Dude, calm down," I said.

Jay mumbled to himself "I end up with Nya. " So I'm not the only one who found out who their future partner is....

Jay lied to Cole with an awkward laugh "N-nothing. Just an eyepatch."

Cole got closer trying to see his reflection "Wait a minute, I think I see me." He took a step back quickly with a scared face "It's Morro! He's in the maze too!"

Oh shit. Here we go again.

Morro stood in front of me as I stood ready to summon my bow "They haven't captured you yet? Damn it! Why do I have to do everything by myself?"

"I guess you're not that independent huh?"

"Shut up Y/n!"

"Not until you give me answers!" I said and summoned my bow and aimed at him in a threatening way....not like it was going to hurt him anyway.

"Answers to what?" he asked as everyone surrounded him.

I took a deep breath "you're not the one behind all of this, aren't you?"

"What? What do you mean?"

"It's Anima.... right?"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Word Count : 1002.
Hello, about the reflection...yeah, Jay will add them to his ship-list.
Thank you guys for +100 votes! When I first started writing on Wattpad, I didn't expect many reads, votes and comments that quickly.
Thank you so much!
Bye! 👋