Part 2 ~ Meeting Chris

I walk along the beach and it's about 10pm. I thought I was alone on the beach so I just hummed myself a tune and before I even knew it. I was singing to myself. Completely lost in song and watching my feet as the water brushed over them each time a wave came in.

?- "you have a gorgeous voice"

I jumped back slightly at the boys voice. Turning around to see him standing behind me in nothing but shorts.

?- "sorry I didn't mean to scare you. My friends and I were just playing volleyball and I heard you singing and I just wanted to come say hi"

He rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. From what I could see in the dimmed moonlight, he had gorgeous brown eyes and dark hair.

Y/n- "it's okay. I just didn't realise someone else was here. I was completely in my own world"
?- "well I'm Chris, Chris Williams"
Y/n- "I'm y/n. Nice to meet you. Chris Williams"
C- "it's lovely to meet you, y/n...-?"

He said in a questioning tone as to what my last name was.

Y/n- "just y/n for now"
C- "well just y/n. Would you like to come join me and my friends? We're playing volleyball"

He held his hand out, gesturing towards his friend group. From what I could see, there was seven other people.

Y/n- "sure, why not? I must warn you though, I suck at volleyball"
C- "that's okay, you can join my team"

We walked over to the volleyball court they had made and Chris introduced me to everyone. There was 1 girl with them and the rest were males.

C- "hey guys, this is y/n. Y/n this is, Dayne, Tristan, Tyler, my brother Bryan, Heidi, Darius and Zach"
He pointed to each person as he said their names. Heidi and Zach were sitting on the sideline.

Z- "it's lovely to meet you"
C- "y/ns going to join our team"

I followed Chris over to our side of the court, Bryan and Darius were on our team as well.

B- "would you like to serve y/n?"
Y/n- "I'll give it a go. Fair warning, I'm not the best volleyball player"
Dy- "that's okay, neither is Tyler"
Ty- "hey!"

Everyone laughed at Daynes comment. Dayne, Tyler and Tristan were on the opposite team. I stood at the back and got ready to serve. I stood there for a second, attempting to line up my serve and failing.

C- "here, let me help you"

Chris jogged over to me and stood beside me.

C- "is it okay if I help?"
Y/n- "yeah"

Chris placed his arms around me. He placed one hand over mine that was holding the ball and placed his other hand on my wrist I was using to serve the ball with. He started showing me how to properly serve the ball.

C- "ready? Now"

As I swung my arm and served the ball. Chris pressed up against me. Assisting me the whole way through. We locked eyes as the ball left my hands. It went over to the other side and the game began. Chris ran back up towards the net and I stayed towards the back incase of any long shots. I felt accepted into the group almost instantly. They were all so nice. Teams would rotate and I got to spend time with each person of the group. None of us had noticed how late it got. We took a small break.

Tr- "hey guys, it's 1am. We should probably get back home"
D- "wow, yeah we should"
H- "it was so nice to meet you"
Y/n- "you too Heidi. Maybe we'll see each other again soon"

I began to walk off, when Chris called out to me. I turned to see him jogging over to me.

C- "I'll walk you home y/n"
Y/n- "it's okay, I live a few houses down"
C- "you live in a Malibu beach house"
Y/n- "when you put it like that it sounds terrible. I promise I'm not one of those snobby rich people. My parents are"

We began walking together.

C- "well you're a good person y/n. I can tell. So which one of these is yours?"
Y/n- "not mine. My parents and it's that big one down there"

I pointed at the house towards the jetty.

C- "let me guess. They own the yaucht as well?"

He said jokingly. But honestly, we do. I didn't say anything. I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

C- "no way you actually do?"

He sounded shocked.

Y/n- "yeah.. where do you live?"
C- "up in the hills. About half an hour from here, with the others"

We got to the back of my house and we stopped walking.

Y/n- "well this is my stop"
C- "can I maybe, get your number?...Just y/n"

He smirked.

Y/n- "I'm feeling generous today so yes. You can, Chris Williams"

I giggled, he laughed with me. He smiled largely. He pulled out his phone and I put my number in it.

C- "I'll text you"
Y/n- "I'll be counting on it"

I smiled before walking back up the stairs. Once I got to the top, I turned around. Hoping Chris would still be there and he was. I waved to him and he waved back. I opened my gate and walked inside. Hearing my phone vibrate. I pulled it out and smiled at the notification. I put it back in my pocket and climbed back up into my room before laying down on my bed. I flopped down and smiled. Pulling out my phone, saving Chris's number and then replying to his message.

After messaging Chris, I rolled over and smiled to myself before falling asleep

After messaging Chris, I rolled over and smiled to myself before falling asleep. Thinking about the events of tonight and the boy I'd just met.