part 4 ~

I grabbed a change of clothes and walked into my bathroom. I started showering and I heard what sounded like a door shutting. I turned off the water and wrapped my towel around me. I poked my head out of my door and looked at Chris. He was sitting on my bed, just on his phone. He looked up at me and I whispered to him.

Y/n- "was that you?"

Chris shook his head no.

M- "y/n! Are you home?! Have you seen my purse?! Y/n! Y/n!!"

I heard mum downstairs. I could hear her beginning to get closer before she started to walk up the stairs. I looked at my open bedroom door. Chris got up to close it and I shook my head. Mum was getting closer and I did the only thing I could think off. I ran over and grabbed Chris's wrist and pulled him into the bathroom with me. Closing the door and starting the water again.

M- "y/n are you here!?"
C- "what do we do?"
Y/n- "I don't-"

There was then a knock on my bathroom door.

M- "sorry for disturbing you darling, but have you seen my purse?"
Y/n- "ah hang on a second"

She must've thought I didn't hear her because she repeated herself.

M- "have you seen my purse?"

I didn't answer. I pushed Chris into the shower and then I heard the door handle twist. I threw my towel off and hopped in the shower. Chris covered his eyes and turned around. I giggled a little bit.

M- "y/n!"
Y/n- "yes sorry mum. What is it?"

I poked my head out of the shower curtain. Still covering myself.

M- "have you seen my purse?"
Y/n- "did you check in your room?"
M- "um no actually, I'll go look. Thanks sweetie. Oh and I need you home for dinner. We have guests coming"
Y/n- "okay"
M- "bye sweetie. We'll be back at 3"

She left the room and I turned the water off. I grabbed my towel, wrapping it around myself before telling Chris he could turn back around. We got out of the shower.

Y/n- "sorry about that. I'll get you some fresh clothes"

I left the bathroom and grabbed some of my brother's clothes from his room. I walked back into my room and couldn't help but stare at Chris. He was in nothing except for his underwear.

C- "you know it's rude to stare"

I shook my head and handed him the clothes. He looked at them, confused as to how I had males clothing.

Y/n- "they're my brother's. I don't have a boyfriend incase you're wondering"
C- "ohh. So where is your brother?"
Y/n- "he's currently deployed in Afghanistan. He's in the army"
C- "oh I see. I'm gonna get changed"
Y/n- "yeah me too"

I got dressed in my room and soon Chris came out of the bathroom.

Y/n- "so we can hangout here for the day or we can go out?"
C- "what do you want to do?"
Y/n- "let's stay here. Too many people recognise me when I go out. I'd prefer to stay out of the spotlight for once"
C- "okay. Here it is"

Chris plopped down in the centre of my bed. I ran and made us popcorn and we picked a movie to watch. Chris chose to watch grease. We sang along, ate popcorn and just enjoyed each other's company. After the movie ended, I moved the bowl and sat up.

Y/n- "okay. Now that I know you have great taste in movies. Let's get to know more about each other"
C- "okay. What do you wanna know?"
Y/n- "everything"

We talked for hours. Of course I left out alot of complicated family issues because I didn't want to drag Chris through my drama. If anything, he was the only thing I had that kept me away from it all. We lost track of time and I didn't realised it was 3 o'clock already until I heard a car door shut. Chris grabbed his things and I grabbed his hand and we ran downstairs. I snuck him out the back as fast as I could and ran back inside to greet my parents at the door. I leaned against one of the double doors at our entrance. Seeing dad carrying some more groceries. Mum was already inside with some.

Y/n- "hi mum. Dad. How's it going?"
M- "good. Now can you go and get changed pleased. I want you looking fabulous for dinner tonight"
Y/n- "why?"
D- "just do what your mother tells you too y/n"

I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs. Dad was very controlling and protective and he could be an ass at the best of times but he's still my dad. As I got to my door I had noticed a hoodie on the floor. Chris must've dropped it on the way out. I grabbed it and could smell his cologne on it. I jumped onto my bed and reached for my phone, which was on my bedside table. I tucked Chris's hoodie under my pillow to hide it. Once I had reached my phone, I got up and walked out onto my balcony. Sitting on my egg shaped chair which hung from the roof and messaged Chris.

~ texts ~
Y/n- you left your
hoodie here 🙃
                                 C- oh well I                
                                  guess we'll       
                                  have to hang    
                                  out again so   
                                  you can return
                                  it to me
Y/n- that sounds
like a plan
                                C- it's a date.
~ end texts ~

I leaned back in my seat. It's a date? I internally screamed before getting up to go and get ready for this dinner mum and dad have planned.