part 5 ~ the dinner

I got changed into my black dress. It fit my body perfectly and went halfway down my thighs. It has spaghetti straps, which make a criss cross pattern on the back. It is my favourite dress. I straightened my hair and just did some light makeup. Who knew, who my parents were inviting over for dinner. All I knew was, if I didn't look 'fabulous' I'd be in trouble. I soon heard a car pull up and my mother shout my name from downstairs. I put on my black heals and wandered off down the stairs. As I walked down, I seen a women and her son standing in our doorway. He looked up at me and he looked my age. Blonde hair, nice eyes, sweet smile. He looked up at me and you could see he had that 'wow' face boys do when they see an attractive girl. You know the one I'm talking about. I walked over and stood beside mum. Dad was already seated at the table, eager for dinner.

M- "this is my daughter, y/n. Y/n this is Sam. The boy you'll be marrying"

I cannot tell you how fast my smile dropped from my face.

Y/n- "wait what? You didn't mentio-"
M- "let's go sit at the table, shall we?"

She completely ignored me and cut off my sentence as I tried to speak. She gestured us to the table and we all sat down. Mum sat Sam next to me. Dad sat at the head of the table and my mother sat beside Sam's mum. Mum had our maid bring our food to the table and we began eating. After dinner, we sat in the loungeroom. Sam and I on one lounge. My parents on the other and Sam's mum, Karen was on the recliner with her feet up.

K- "so when are we planning this wedding?"
M- "we don't have the exact details down yet but we will soon"

I shook my head and stood up. I walked over to the front door and grabbed my keys out of the key bowl.

D- "where do you think your going?"
Y/n- "out"

I opened the door and slammed it behind me. Getting in my car, kicking off my heels and driving away. I stopped and thought about where I could go. Then it hit me and I rang Chris. Hoping he'd maybe let me come hang out with them. The phone rang about 8 times. I thought I wasn't going to get an answer, until finally I did.

~ phone call ~
C- "hey y/n. Sorry I took so long to answer"
Y/n- "hey um, do you think I could maybe, come over?"
C- "yeah of course. Everything okay?"
Y/n- "um no to be honest. Just text me your address"
C- "okay. Drive safe"
~ end call ~

I got Chris's message and put his address into my GPS. I followed the directions and ended up at this big, beautiful house in the hills. I parked, put my heels back on and got out of my car. Walking up to and knocking on the doors, I waited for an answer.