Part 13 ~

We got in dad's car and soon arrived at the restaurant. I was forced to fake a smile and sit with Sam all night. And the part of the night I dreaded the most. Had finally arrived. Sam got down on one knee. In front of me and our parents.

S- "do you fully and finally except that we will be getting married?"

I scoffed.

Y/n- "it's not like I have a choice"

Mum gasped. I held my hand out and Sam slid the ring on my finger. He stood up and wrapped his arm around me. Placing his hand on my lower back. We stood there and smiled for the photos and finally I was able to wall away and stop taking my smile.

D- "where are you going?"
Y/n- "to the car. So we can leave and so I don't have to live another second of this practice run of a stupid dinner"

I said as I stormed out the doors. The whole car ride home was silent. I looked down at the ring on my finger. Fiddling and twisting it. This isn't what I want. This isn't how it's meant to be. And now I'm getting married. In a couple of days? How will I tell Chris?

-----
For the next few days. I hadn't spoken to anyone. I just stayed in my room. Chris kept calling and texting. I didn't really mean to ghost him. He's such a sweet person. I just didn't know how I was going to break the news to him. It was midnight on Saturday night. I knew the lives had just ended and I knew Chris was about to call me. He always did without fail. 5 minutes after their lives had finsihed. This time. I decided to answer the call.

~ phone call ~
C- "y/n? You picked up? What happened? Why have you-"
I cut him off.
Y/n- "Chris...please. I need to talk to you. I don't have a car but I'll be at your house in 40. We have to speak alone"
C- "are you okay?"
Y/n- "I'll see you soon"
~ end call ~

I hung up and got myself an uber. I ordered it for a few houses down so my parents wouldn't see me leaving. I snuck out of the house how I usually always do. I met the uber and got in the car. We arrived at Chris's place soon. I knocked on the door and Bryan answered.

Y/n- "Bryan hey. I need to talk to Chris"
B- "yeah come in. He's in his room"

I walked down to Chris's bedroom. I knocked before entering. Closing the door behind me. Chris hugged me. I hugged back slightly. Before letting go. We sat on the bed together. I covered the ring on my finger with my other hand.

Y/n- "I have to tell you something. It's big and life changing and I wish it didn't have to happen but it's happening"
C- "okay...?"

I paused. Thinking about how I could put the words together.

Y/n- "so there's this family tradition and it's extremely old school. It's happened for generations and my parents believe that it is our duty to continue it. No matter how out dated it really is. They found happiness and love through it and every daughter of the family has to participate in it"
C- "what do you mean?"

I moved my hand to reveal the ring.

C- "is that-?"
Y/n- "an engagement ring..."
C- "so you're getting married? When? How? Why?"
Y/n- "like I said. It's an old and outdated tradition. I never ever want to have to do it. But I have no way out"
C- "there must be something"

I shook my head. Chris stood up and began pacing. I could feel his anger building up. I don't blame him for it either.