First camp shenanigans

"Speedy! Up here!" Rachel shouts running along the wing. I quickly sidestep past Jordan and send a ball over to the Houston player who controls it down and crosses it to Jodie where she buries it into the back of the net.

"Great connection guys! Well done" Phil shouts from the sideline

"I'm blaming it on the fact the three Americans are on the same team" Lucy S grumbles as she gets back into formation.

"Stop making excuses just 'cause you're not good enough to beat us," My roomie says with a smug smile on her face.

"you better watch yourself Hemp," Steph says pointing a finger at her club and country teammate.

"Does everyone always argue like this?" I quietly ask Millie

"pretty much but no ones ever serious about it," She tells me just as play kicks off again.

It's almost been a week here now and I'm heading back to Orlando in a couple of days. I've had a great time getting to know everyone here and Lauren and I have really hit it off as roommates.

Apparently, we've become the younger version of Millie and Rach when it comes to causing trouble which may be a little true, the pair of us can't seem to sit still when we're together.

Due to my developing friendship with Lauren, it means I'm also getting close with Kiera and Georgia too. The four of us always end up in someone's rooms each night just chatting away until we're kicked out for curfew.

I have to be honest and say that Georgia and I have been getting on well too, our relationship is a little different than the others. We're friends but at the same time, we do make passing flirting comments that neither of us acts on. Kiera and Lauren tease us about it but we just deny anything they say.

"Kid please stop embarrassing me so much, I'm meant to be a good defender here and you're not helping my street cred" Lucy Bronze says as she comes over to me

"Sorry Lucy, guess you're just going to have to try a little harder," I say smugly making her gasp sarcastically

"and here I thought you were a nice person, clearly not then" She responds smirking at me so I know she's not serious.

"That's enough for today ladies, hit the showers and then we'll head out for team dinner," Phil says clapping his hands together.

The ball ends up at my feet near the halfway line and while everyone is walking off the pitch my childish side gets the better of me and I quickly kick it forward muttering a quite crossbar under my breath as I watch it fly and hit the top post.

"How? I don't understand" Jordan mutters looking at me and shaking her head.

I just laugh in amusement and jog to catch up with my crew heading towards the locker room. I jump onto Laurens back and cling on tightly as she stumbles forward.

"K! I almost had a bloody heart attack" She yells in surprise, her British accent coming through thick

"Sorry, you looked comfy and I don't want to walk anymore," I say and let her carry me the rest of the way

"You're lucky I like you enough otherwise I would throw you to the floor in front of everyone" She warns me

"You would never! I'm too loved here, everyone would just attack you instead" I tell her smirking smugly

"How have you managed to wrap the whole team around your finger in literally a week," She tells me, shaking her head as she just readjusts me onto her back.

"Are you excited to head back home Kate?" Kiera asks me

"Yeah I am actually, I've been really missing the girls and especially my mom, we haven't had a chance to properly celebrate the whole adoption thing too," I tell them since they know all about it