Start of Something New

Unfortunately for me, the 11 days I had left in Orlando went past in a blink of an eye and before you know it I'm standing in Houston airport with my suitcase by my side looking aimlessly at the crowd for a particular familiar face.

"Speedy!" Gets yelled across the vast room causing many heads to swivel in the direction of the loud noise but ultimately ignore the running lady.

"How you doing baby America?" Rachel questions as she pulls me in for a bone crushing hug

"Can you call me anything but my actual name Rachel?" I chuckle out

"Of course! But that's boring and I like the nicknames I have for you" She states proudly, clearly not budging in using my real name.

"Come on now, we've got to get you home, Kristie is waiting" Rachel says causing a smile to spread onto my face at the thought of seeing Kristie again.

Now she's not on the national team she isn't around much, I only get to see her for a couple of hours maybe after match days or when she's in town to see Syd. We used to be super close when I first came to live with Alex, she was always who I felt safest with maybe because of her young age but from our first conversation we just clicked and I used to tell her everything. Getting to live with Kristie again means we can hopefully get back to where we used to be.

"When am I going to meet with James by the way?" I question Rachel knowing she's been talking back and forth with the Houston coach for me.

"On Monday so you've got the whole weekend to not worry about anything and just get yourself settled in" She informs me and I let out a sigh of relief at that news.

I follow behind the Houston player and take a seat in the passenger side whilst she throws by bags in the back seat. I check my phone quickly and sent a few texts messages letting those back in Orlando know I've landed safely. I've tried to stay positive about the move, there's nothing I can do to change it anyway so I find little point in being bitter. It doesn't stop the feeling of anxiety moving to a new team and having to prove myself yet again as being the youngest. The worry off what fans will think of me especially with my nationality change and now club move too?

"Hey speedy, you seem to be away with the fairies there, everything good?" Rach asks putting a hand in my arm lightly across the console.

"Yeah sorry, just thinking a few things over" I reply with a tight lipped smile.

"I know you like to figure things out at your own speed and time so I won't push, but if you need any advice or an honest opinion don't hesitate to ask" Rachel says glancing over at me as we stop at a red light

"Thanks Rach, I promise I will" I say back truthfully

We sit together listening to the radio and humming along quietly to the tunes before we're pulling up to their flat. I take my bag from the back seat and trail behind Rachel as she explains a few things of how the place is run. We finally reach her flat door where she steps aside to looked at me.

"Welcome home" She says grinning to me as she unlocks to front door and lets me in

I send her a grateful smile back and walk in to the completely different building than what I'm used to. The kitchen is clear as soon as you enter with the living room to its right, the bedrooms look hidden around the corner and I can see the bathroom to my left already. It's certainly smaller than moms at home but then again not everyone can be as loaded as her however it definitely doesn't take away from the homeliness of the place.

"Is that you Rachel?!" We hear Kristie shout from someone behind the wall.

Soon enough her head pops out and she smiles at her girlfriend before drifting her gaze to me. I stand there with my own grin on my face and let out a chuckle as she comes barrelling towards me just like Rachel did at the airport. She wraps her arms around my waist and spins me around in the spot being a good few inches taller than me, but that's most people unfortunately.