Old White Men

"My favourite Niece!" I hear Auntie Ash yell as I run towards her with a huge smile on my face.

I drop my bags to the floor and jump into the keepers arms letting out a few laughs as she spins us around on the spot. I didn't think I'd miss home as much as I have done when going to camp and especially with all that's going on with the club I've been waiting for this hug.

"You're lucky Roux isn't old enough to hear you Ash" I suddenly hear behind me, I spin around to see Syd walking towards us pushing her stroller with baby Roux inside and Cassius standing next to her.

"Cass! Come over here and give me a hug buddy" I say excitedly as I squat down and open up my arms for him to run into.

"Auntie Kate!" He shouts giggling his way over to me. I pick to growing boy up and wrap my arms tightly around his small body just thinking about how much I'm going to miss him when I go.

"How have you been Cass!" I ask him happily hiding the sadness in my voice

"So good! Daddy took me to see sharkies with Auntie Ash, they were so big" He tells me dragging out his words

"You went to see sharkies without me!" I gasp in mock hurt playing with the boy as the two adults look on at us with smile on their faces

"You where gone too long but we can go again, right Auntie Ash?" He asks turning to look at the keeper

"Of course we can buddy" Ash replies making Cassius cheer in my arms

"Come on Cass, why don't you let Kate grab her bags and then we can get back into the car" Syd tells her son as I set him down on the ground

I grab my suitcase and Ash takes my back pack as we walk through the airport to where I assume is Syds parked car. I know Mom only got back yesterday so is probably talking with the club right now hence why my Aunts have come to collect me.

"Where's your wife Ashy?" I ask the keeper noticing she's not here either

"With your mother, she's not happy about the decision either," Ash tells me and I smirk simply at the thought of her and mom standing in front of the board.

"What has it been like in training since the news got out?" I ask too

"Different to say the least, the whole team aren't happy about the way you've been treated and it's making a lot of people rethink about staying when their contracts are up" I'm told and I let out a heavy sigh.

That was the last thing I wanted to happen, it was the case with the girls when I joined England but now Jill is being replaced so the team's a little happier at that but I don't want my decisions or actions to interfere with other peoples.

"I know what your thinking kiddo, you could see the team falling apart from a mile away, somehow we managed to place at the bottom of the league last season even with the goals you scored. The club needs a rocket up its an arse and this is only a small thing causing the backlash" Ash tells me knowing I'm overthinking the situation

"Why does it feel like me playing soccer is more stressful than if I didn't" I mumble out

"People underestimate you Kate, they see you as being younger and therefore inexperienced and not worth their time. Yet you're the most hard-working, determined person I know in this industry, you've just got to stay believing in yourself" Ash tells me letting the words sink in a little.

She's right though, I joined the professional world at 16 which is young for anyone, it put a lot of pressure and criticism on my back that clearly some people aren't over yet. I know I'm good and I also know I can be even better too, maybe Houston will let me be just that.