Kabanata 19

Kabanata 19

Today is our last night here in the island. Sa nakalipas na dalawang araw, mas napa-lapit na ako sa mga taong nakasama namin. I had fun conversing with them and how they're so interested with my baby.

"Kanina mo pa tinitignan yan." agad naman akong nag-angat ng tingin at nakita si Joven na naka-sandal sa may hamba ng pinto. I chuckled and looked down at the photo once more.

It was the picture we took with Travis. We took a lot of picture but I only asked him for this photo. Looking at the picture, I can't help but smile as I remember the night we took this. It was indeed, one of the best memory I have on this island. On the picture, I was looking down at my belly. Travis was in front of me caressing my bump, with my hands on top of his. We're both smiling at the picture as we look at our baby.

"You're smiling." Jay said as he sat down on the bed beside me. "Kilig ka?"

Natawa naman ako at agad na binalik ang letrato sa wallet bago tumingin sa kanya. "Siyempre natutuwa rin naman ako na may picture na kaming dalawa. At least, may madadala akong magandang memorya bago tayo bumalik at bago ako umalis."

he sighed, "pinaalala mo nanaman 'yang pag-alis mo. Ni-hindi ka na nga makakapagpahinga dahil kinabukasan flight mo na." sabi nito.

"Kaya nga tutulungan mo ako e, we'll have our last sleep-over together." sabi ko at hinawakan ang kamay niya, "I'm so thankful for you Jay, sa dinami dami ng nangyari hindi mo ako hinusgahan. Kahit na nagsinungaling ako, nandyan ka pa rin."

He pouted and I saw how his eyes glistened because of his tears. "Ih, bwisit ka Chelly! Pinapaiyak mo ako e! Hindi pa naman waterproof  'yung foundation ko, I hate you."

Natawa naman ako sa sinabi niya. Kahit kailan makikay talaga itong si Jay. Tinaas ko naman ang kamay ko para ako na mismo ang magpunas ng luha niya, "Mag uusap pa naman tayo kahit na nandun na ako. And I promise, I'll always call you. At ikaw ang unang taong sesendan ko ng picture ng baby ko."

"Promise yan sis ha. Hampasin kita kapag hindi mo ginagawa. Lilipad talaga ako papuntang New York para mahampas ko 'yang pwet mo." anito.

Umirap naman ako, "Oo na. Bilis tulungan mo na ako sa sandals ko para on time tayo sa dinner party."

Agad naman nya akong tinulungan pagkatapos niya mag reklamo.

For our last night here in Amanpulo, Cindy decided to host a party for us. It was just a simple party with foods and a lot of drinks. I'm not gonna lie, I missed drinking alcohol with my friends but I don't want to take the risk.

KASAMA SI JAY ay pumasok na kami sa reserved room na gagamitin namin. We waited for other people before we started the party.

"You look beautiful Chel!" saad ni Trisha nang makalapit na sya sa akin, "as always, ano pa nga ba." she said and chuckled.

I was wearing a black floral dress with my white cardigan, I partnered my outfit with my three inches high sandals. It's not a pretty shoes to wear on a beach but you gotta do what you have to do for fashion.

Not long after, we all stood up and gathered around the table. Travis, with a bottle of champagne on his hand, together with Cindy were at the center. Cindy tapped her champagne glass with the spoon motioning everyone to be quiet.

"This is our last night here in Amanpulo. And I am glad that everyone is enjoying each other's company." she paused, "And I would like to thank each and everyone of you for coming with us to celebrate my last days of being single!" she exclaimed and everyone in the room laughed.

"And before we begin our party, I would like to thank my fiancé," she said and looked at Travis "Thanks hon for everything. We've been through ups and downs, we always fight, but here we are, finally having our own happy ending."

I smiled as I looked at them. I saw how Travis looked at my bestfriend with adoration in his eyes. Kung dati ay sobrang nagseselos ako sa kanila, lalo na kay Cindy dahil sa kanya binubuhos ni Travis ang atensyon nya, ngayon ay tanggap ko na ang lahat.And if I were to be given a chance to live my life once again, I will not change anything.

Travis uttered his thanks to everyone and to Cindy as they kissed. Everyone cheered and opened the bottle of champagne. "Cheers to forever!" One of the guys cheered as he raised his glass.

"Cheers!"

Everyone took a sip of their alcohol and I just held my orange juice. Travis placed his glass down after he finished.

Kinuha ko ang atensyon nya at saka siya nginitian. "Congratulations Mister." I whispered.

AS THE NIGHT became darker, the party got wilder. Lahat sila ngayon ay nagsasaya at sumasayaw. I excused myself from the party to go to the beach. Hindi naman ako masyado nalamigan dahil may suot naman ako na cardigan.

The moon shines together with the stars as it reflects the blue sea. The sound of the waves relaxes me somehow. I removed my sandals and walked near the shore where I can feel the waters on my feet. I closed my eyes as I inhaled.

"Loner ka nanaman."

dumilat ako at nakita si Jayjay. Umiling ako at binalik ang tingin sa dagat. "Lagi mo akong sinusundan ano? Paano mo naman napansing umalis na ako."

"I have to look out for you always. Bantay sarado ka sa 'kin."

I chuckled, "That's creepy Jay."

He just shrugged and stayed quiet for a while as we both watched the waves moved and the trees dance with the wind.

"Babalik ka pa ba rito?" he suddenly asked, "A lot has happened here in the island. Are you brave enough to go back?"

Napa-tigil ako at bumaling sa kanya, pero taimtim lang nitong pinagmamasdan ang buwan. Umiwas ako ng tingin. "Indeed, a lot has happened here on the island. Pero lahat ng 'yon magagandang memorya. Walang pangit o malungkot. I found peace in this place. There's nothing to be scared of Jay, kasi tanggap ko naman na ang kapalaran namin ng anak ko. I'll never give her a complete family, but I can give her the love she deserves." I paused. "There's no turning back, all we have to do is to move on. One step at a time. And we'll get there"

"And once you get there?"

"You'll find serenity."