Fifteen

"Katsuki, we need to talk" Izuku sat down at the table, just the two of them, Shoto already fast asleep. "Yeah, what's up?" Katsuki shut his laptop, and turned to face Izuku more.

Izuku sighed before starting, "I need to go back to see my mother". "She's sick" Izuku swallowed, blinking to keep the tears away. "And she may not make it" Katsuki quickly stood up, walking around to hug him, resting his chin on top of Izuku's head.

"Would you like me to come with you?" Katsuki whispered, "No, you need to work" Izuku wiped his tears, and Katsuki nodded, placing a kiss on his forehead.

"I understand" Katsuki brought him in for another hug, and Izuku start bawling, "It's breast cancer, and skin cancer". 

==

Izuku left early that morning, saying goodbye to Katsuki and Shoto, promising to keep them updated and was gone just barely after the sun was rising. Having a duffel bag packed with several different outfits.  

He had to keep himself from speeding, the leg that wasn't on the gas pedal was bouncing and he had the music on a low volume. A tight grip on the steering wheel, turning his knuckles a bright white.

"Please wait for me Mom, I'm almost there" 

==

He gave his car to the valet and ran inside, shoving his phone into his pocket, and his charger clutched in his right hand. "I'm here to see my mom, Inko Midoriya" Izuku told the front desk lady, who began typing. 

"She's in the cancer ward, I'll have Bruce take you there" She said, signalling for a tall Alpha to come over to them. "Follow me please" The Alpha, Bruce, walked fast, so Izuku had to basically run to keep up with him.

Bruce scanned a key card and a loud buzz sounded, then Bruce opened the door, holding it open for Izuku to walk through. They walked up to Room 4, right outside the door having a sign reading 'Midoriya'.

Bruce held the door open for him, "Let the nurses know if either of you need anything" he then left. "Mom" Izuku ran over to his mother's side, holding her hand. He felt horrible the way he acted towards her when he first arrived home, but his feelings were correct.

But if she knew the real way the school treat their students, she would've hated herself. 

Izuku wished he could go back and show more love for his mother, not knowing that they could may have been their last together.

"My baby" Inko weakly squeezed Izuku's hand, smiling at him. But her eyes suddenly widen, and she grabbed her chest, gasping suddenly. "Mom!" Izuku's breathing picked up and the heart monitor kicked off, alerting the hospital staff.

Betas and Omegas rushed into the room, one of them asking Izuku to step off the to the side. "Mom!" He cried, now having to be held back by some of them.

==

Hours later, Izuku had been moved to a waiting room, and had been waiting there.

As the sun set, so did Izuku's hope. "Family for Midoriya" A doctor, wearing a sullen expression. "I have some very upsetting news" The doctor sat on a chair next to the younger Omega. "Your mother" She paused, "Has passed from a heart attack".

Izuku began to sob and the doctor rubbed his back, "I'm sorry, we did everything we possible could, but, the cancer treatment became too much for her heart. We had told her the risks of this treatment, but she wanted to try to get better, to meet her grandchildren she said" the doctor said.

"I need to call someone" Izuku whispered and the doctor nodded, leaving him alone. 

Izuku pulled out his phone, calling Katsuki's number. It only rang a couple times before Katsuki picked up.

"Hello?" Katsuki said. "Katsuki" Izuku paused, pushing back the want to just sob, "She didn't make it". Silence was all that was heard as the Alpha paused, processing the information.

"Izuku, do you need us to come up and help with anything?" Katsuki offered. "No, no, it's okay. I'll be back either today or tomorrow" Izuku wiped his face with a nearby tissue.

"Call me whenever you need to, I'll always be here" 

"Thank you" 

==

693 Words 

6/21/2020