>1< how you met

jack:
Medda has just finished performing "High Times, Hard Times" when I stood up to use the restroom. I made my way to the back of the theater where the restrooms were and I felt an object hit my chest and shoulder. I  looked up to see who it was only to lock eyes with a taller boy, with medium dark hair. He looked around my age, and he must have been one of the newsies attending the rally. I piped up, "I am so sorry, sir!" I looked down at the ground. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my chin, and the boy lifted my head up so he could see my face. "It's alright, I'se wasn't looking where I'se was going at all," he laughed, releasing his hand from my chin. I laughed slightly for a moment before giving him my name. "I'm y/n. y/n l/n, and you?" He smiled, "Jack. Jack Kelly. I'se one of the 'hattan newsies." I returned the smile and spoke, "I hope I can see you around, Jack Kelly." A light pink blush covered Jack's cheeks, "I'se hope the same, it was nice to meet you'se."

davey:
(This takes place when you would be in 2nd grade)
"Now, class, settle down. We have a new student joining us today." A young boy with curly, dark brown hair came out from behind the teacher, Ms. Wilson, with his hands clasped together, as if he was nervous. "This," Ms. Wilson motioned to the boy, "is David Jacobs. David, hun, you will be sitting next to y/n." She says, "y/n, please raise your hand so David can know where to sit." I rose my hand up in the air, and the boy walked over to me, taking the seat to the right of me. She returned to teaching. "I'm y/n, but you already know that," I whispered, giggling a bit. "I'm David, and you already know that," he responded, "but you can call me Davey." He smiled brightly at me, causing me to smile back. Who could resist a smile like that?? We talked for a little while as we were doing our work, and we became best friends.

racetrack:
I was sitting on a bench in the middle of Central Park, my knees curled up to my chest and my nose in Pride and Prejudice, when a boy came up to me. "What're you'se reading?" He asks me. I respond, "Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen, and who might you'se be?" "I'm Racetrack, but most people call me Race." I smile, "I'm y/n." "Ya in school?" I tense up a bit, "No..I mean. I'se used to but I'se couldn't afford it anymore after I'se was living on my own." His face drops a bit, but it returns to normal when he speaks, "Do you'se need a place to stay? Or a job?" My face lights up a bit but I frown to myself, "I do, but I'se don't want to bother anyone with my issues," "It's no sweat. We'se could get you into the lodging house as a newsie! A job and a place to stay." He smiles ear to ear when he looks at me. I seem to do the same as he chuckles, "I'd love to, if youse'll let me!" "Alrighty then, let's go!"

spot:
You were getting pummeled by scabs and other people who were against the strike but suddenly, before you were to get hit in the face again, a boy swoops over your head and kicks the men in the chest. (a/n, I know in the movie it's in the back but that doesn't make sense in this scene I'm making so disregard that haha) The boy was on the shorter side but he definitely intimidated me enough. He looked at me and asked, with a bit of concern in his tone, "You'se alright miss??" "Yes, I'se think I'm okay, thank you'se for helping me outta that," I feel like I'm going to start rambling so I just stop myself there. His lips curl into a slight smirk as he says, "No problem, that what the King of Brooklyn is supposed to do; protect people."
>lil' time jump<
Afterwards, when all the newsies has gone to Tibby's, he stopped me as I was walking to my friends. "By the way, Miss..I'se don't believe I caught your name." "Huh..? Oh! I'm y/n l/n." "THATS a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I'm Spot Conlon."

kid blink:
I made my way to the gates with everyone else that would be selling papes that day. Today was my first day, and I was kind of nervous. I got in line, and eventually got my papes. I felt some eyes on me as I was waiting in line, but I just disregarded it. I began walking out into the city, but someone stopped me by placing a hand on my shoulder. I looked behind me to see a boy, maybe around 16 or 17 years old, and he was dressed like a newsie, complete with the newsboy cap, and he had an eyepatch too. "Hey, I'm Kid Blink, but you'se can call me Blink. I'se haven't seen you'se around before and so I've assumed you were new. Was I right?" I responded to him saying, "Hi! I'm y/n, and yes, I'se new. It's nice to meet you'se." He looked me in the eyes, in smiled, which prompted me to of course smile too. He asked, "Do you'se wanna be sellin' partners today? I'se can show ya around and help you'se get better at selling." I accepted his offer, and we talked the whole day, while hawking our headlines.

crutchy:
"Alright, y/n, this is Crutchy, and he's gonna be your new bunk mate. Have fun kids." Jack said to me, and I smiled at the boy who was sitting on his bunk. "I'm y/n, and I'se guess I'm your bunk mate." "I'm crutchy! I'se glad we get to be bunk mates, I'se love meeting new people." He smiled brightly. "I enjoy that too!" I sat down on his bunk next to him and we began talking about anything and everything, just getting to know each other.

mush:
School is finally out for the summer and me and my friends are about to head to my house for a big end of school slumber party. On the way home, we are met with a boy who is dressed like a newsboy. He stops us, and takes off his cap, "Hello ladies, would any of you'se be interested in buying a pape?" Most of my friends walk away, but I stay behind and pull a penny from the pocket of my dress. "I'd love to buy one!" I hand him the penny and take the newspaper. "Thank you, miss.." "y/n," I finish his sentence for him. "Well, then! I hope I'se get to see you around, y/n!" He starts to walk off, before turning around. "Oh yeah, I'm Mush!" I laugh and wave, catching up with my friends.

skittery:
"Bye sis!" I laughed, as I realized me and my sister spoke in unison. I left our tiny apartment for the library, where I work.
>lil' time jump<
When I arrived, I noticed a boy was sitting at a table sleeping. I walked over to him and tapped him on the shoulder, waking him up. "Sir? Are you alright?" "Huh? Oh, yeah. I'se doing just fine, I'm just a little bit tired," he lifts his head up, yawning. I think for a moment, before coming up with an idea. "If you're ever tired there's a room upstairs for studying. You can nap there?" He smiles innocently, "That'd be a great way to spend my breaks since I'se work around here. Plus, I'd get to see you more often." I giggle, "Well, if you're gonna be seeing me more often, you should know my name is y/n." "I'm Skittery."

a/n: sorry if this was so bad I've never done anything much like this before so I'm hoping to get better at it as I write more! I'm gonna try to keep writing more often so if you have any suggestions for preferences or any characters you want me to add, dm me or comment!
Stay safe everyone I love youuu
>Kelly<
^^1349 words not included the authors note!