ONE STEP

Silence was all over the room..
Mew and gulf were just staring at each other not speaking a word out...

Mew broke the silence and asked gulf

"Are you alright?? You didn't get hurt right ???"

These questions made gulf angry.. he balled his finger with anger...
He was fuming a bit and his eyes glittered with tears not falling down...

"You are asking me this.. Mew really???"

Mew was confused with gulf's reaction..

"Gulf what happened??"

"What happened??? Are you asking me this really... 
WHY DID THE HELL YOU DID THAT"

Gulf raised his  voice in anger...

Mew couldn't speak back he decided he stay silent and listen to gulf..

"Why did you do that mew.. If something happened to you who would have taken the responsibility...  why the hell did you saved me...
SPEAK UP!!!!!"

Tears started rolling down gulfs cheeks and he was looking at mew for his answer to be given...

Mew dint say a word.. he was looking down.. mew eyes filled with tears ..

Gulf asked him again.. but he shouted this time...

"Mew for God sake say something "
Gaining some strength mew spoke back with a firm voice..

"Because I LIKE YOU... did you hear that.. I like you and I can do anything for the person I like...."

"That doesn't mean that you can risk your own life.. anything could have happened there.."

"Gulf please... ahh..."

Mew suddenly felt something binging in his head..   he kept his free hand on his head.. gulf eyes got  widen ..

Gulf immediately came near mew.. to keep his hand over mew's hand which now at mew's forehead...

"Mew do you have a pain in head ... please tell me .."

"Its ok I am fine... "
Mew turned towards gulf and saw him worried...

"Gulf..."

"Hmm..."

Gulf hands were still there... mew both their hands down.. and intertwined them...
Gulf was a little nervous as it was sudden but he took his hands away... surprisingly he wanted their hands to be interwinded...

"Gulf ... look at yourself.. you care for me.. then why are not giving us a chance.. please gulf..."

"Mew.. let's concentrate on your recovery first..."

Slowly gulf took his hands away from mew and got up
Mew face was sullen.. he just wanted to be with gulf...

Before leaving through the door gulf turned a bit and said

"Don't worry I am not leaving....
I am just getting all the medicines for you as required.... and we have few months together until your recovery... so we have lot of time to know each other..."

Gulf turned and left the room..

On this side mew was smiling.. smiling upto his ears..

"Oh.. god this boy is making me crazy... I think these injuries are worth it... "

Gulf came out if the room... his heart was racing...

"Did he understand what I said??.will he ask me to explain it..?? He should get it that I gave us a chance but... what if he asks.. !!!!"

Gulf was shy and beyond nervous...

At evening mew was shifted to general ward and gulf completed all the paper works for mew...

Mew was resting on his bed.. gulf came in with a little mixed feeling.. he was trying hard not to blush or smile before mew.. he was trying to act cold..

"So.. Are you feeling ok.. ???"

"Ya ... just the fracture is hurting  a lot... "

Mew chuckled..

"Mew don't worry about the hospital works.. I have made all the payments..  you can rest well and take no stress as doctor adviced"

Mew dint wanted gulf to pay.. because he knew how hard he worked to earn money... but he couldn't agrue that he knew about gulf situation..

Mew choose to keep silent..

"But you dont have to gulf..."

"I wanted to mew ... I am somehow connected to this situation.."

"Gulf can I ask you something... and please be honest.."

Gulf came near and stood beside mew...
Mew motioned his chin to sit near him... gulf did that.. he sat near mew..

Mew bought his hands hold gulf's hand.. looking into his eyes mew said

"Are you feeling guilty for all this and doing this out of guilt??"

Gulf looked away from mew but still holding hands..then again looking at mew gulf said

"Mew I think I need to take a responsibility... because it happens....."

Gulf was stopped by mew.. his sentence hung..

"Then dont do this!!!! If you are just doing this out of guilt then dont... don't worry about me I can take care of myself... and the chance .... i think i dont deserve you..... I don't want our chance to stand on guilt based feeling "

Gulf was just looking into mews eyes.. it was deep ... attractive and seductive... they glared at each other for a moment... mew got somewhat emotional..

Still silence and staring each other...

Suddenly gulf went close to mew he gave a small kiss on mews cheeks... and leaned back again to his position...

Mew's eyes got widen... he was not expecting this..

"Its not guilt the chance that I gave it to us... and taking care and being with you here is not guilt.. I thought we could know each other more.. one thing I felt guilty is that I was not going to give us a chance... before.. but now I changed my mind... so mew now I ask you that will you give us a chance????"

Tears started rolling down.. Mew could only shake his head in happiness.. and gulf smiled..

For the next one week..  Gulf would take care of mew...
Gulf would sleep in the hospital
Morning he will be off to university and then his part time job.. and will rush again to the hospital... gulf would bring some fresh fruits for mew...

He would sometimes feed him.. and mew would tease him .

Mew liked to tease gulf...
Gulf was enjoying this... day by day he was happy with me ... laughing playing and having fun even when they are in hospital..

Mew would never show this pain before gulf as he wanted gulf to smile and laugh.. and spend time more with him...

Finally the discharge day came ...
Mew was being checked by the doctors and gulf was waiting for the results...

After the doctor finished his checkup he called gulf...

"Hello doctor "

"Hello.. how are you Mr. Kanawut "
"Well I am fine.."

"So your friend Mr. Suppasit condition is some what better now.. his muscles are almost getting healed.. he can walk ... but the fracture needs to be taken care of.. no stress in any body part and no mind stress too...and any other symptoms please do let me know..."

The doctor smiled and went away...

Gulf walked to the ward where mew was... he saw mew in his normal clothes and was packing up things with his one hand..

Gulf there a to help mew..
Finishing the packing they both smiled and left the hospital...