09

Oct     2021

Oct     2021

               Celine walked through the crowded Hartsfield-Jackson airport

Celine walked through the crowded Hartsfield-Jackson airport. Sea of faces moving like water to their destinations like a wide river down aisles. Dragging her luggage behind her, she wears a stone colored, round-neck side split sweater and cream skinny jeans.

She stepped outside the airport into the cool and cloudy afternoon of Atlanta. Celine learns her Uber is one minute away from her location. Taking her fiancée advice to have a conversation with her sister and spend a few days with them to ease her mind of all the wedding planning she's done lately.

As she stood around, her phone ringing got her attention. A wide smile appeared when the contact and picture flashes on her iPhone.

She answered, bracing the phone to her. "Hey babe."

"You make it?"

"Yeah, I just landed a few minutes ago. Waiting on my Uber now."

"Be careful in them Ubers. Ion' wanna have to come to Atlanta and fuck som' body up," Tae warned. "Matta' fact, send me that info when you in the whip and make sho' they child lock ain't on."

"I do that anyway. But I love how concerned you are for your future wifey."

"Always." She could hear his smile. "I miss you already. How long you finna be there?"

"A few days. Two days at the most." Celine lets him know, "And I miss you too. I'm looking for my dress here. And oh, remember to do your tuxedos soon, babe. Within the next few days at least. Will you, please?"

"I gotchu baby. Don't worry."

"Thank you."

"Celine!" the woman's voice called from a orange Toyota Hybrid with a Uber sticker on the windshield

"My Uber is here."

"Aight. Send that information as soon as you hang up."