44

February 2022

February 2022

               After receiving the devastating news, Shantey had no reaction.

               She proceeded on with her day of being a mother and enjoying the sunny city of Puerto Vallarta. She took her children and the boys to spend time on the beach and in between trying to cloud her mind, she would have to take calls from her other sister of her crying and sobbing about how they should've been there for her and how they failed her.

               Shantey marinated on her words, and took it for what it is. She swallowed her emotions to be a listening ear for Monae. She had to deal with her children, prepare herself to view her sister's body back in her hometown tomorrow morning, and start planning a funeral. She had no time to worry about herself.

               And Tae notices she was doing any and everything to not deal with the loss of her sister. She wasn't giving herself any down time. If she wasn't playing with Seona and Aleida, she was on the phone with her team to book as many interviews and show appearances as they could, and to start planning her tour for SL3.

               Then, it was nearing time for the dinner. Tae was already dress, handsome from head to toe, but he watches Shantey attentively, as she applies on lipstick in the bathroom mirror. She was already dressed herself in a sleeveless body-hugging dress and Chanel sneakers—not in the mood for heels.

               "You puttin' too much on yo' self." he declares, "You tryna book all dis to cloud yo' emotions and you can't do that, Shantey."

               "Does this lip look nice on me?" She asks, examining the choice of color she chose. Without waiting for his answer, she says, "Na' think I'll go with nude."

               "Baby–"

               "Nude will definitely go with this color dress." Shantey wipes the first color from her lips, "Don't you think?"

               "You at least need to tell Sunni, Anissa, and Romelo." Tae mentions, since she hasn't told anyone in her family.

               "You should go check on Aleida and Seona. They're probably running the boy's ragged over there. I have to sing tonight. Oh my God I can't believe he's proposing. I know Aunty is going to be so happy. I know Mo is hurting right now, too. I mean, that was our sister. I hope she's okay." Now, she's rabbling.

               Tae foots over, turning her around by her shoulders to stare him in the eye. "Are you okay?"