30

Jan    2022

Jan    2022

               Since the break was over and Shantey's album has been out for a month, and her days have been filled with interviews and promotion of SL3

               Since the break was over and Shantey's album has been out for a month, and her days have been filled with interviews and promotion of SL3. This was her third album— her sophomore one not being successful— she was determined to succeed with this one.

               All of the feedback she's been receiving about SL3 have been positive, and rated her "best work" by critics.

               She misses her kids, — main thing she hates about having to fill her schedule with promoting SL3. If money could just fall into her lap while she sits at home and parent, she would. But that's not the world she lives in. You have to grind for your family, even if that means sacrificing the time.

               Two days she has been in New York City; interview after interview.

               It was morning of day three, and Shantey sits in the midst of her radio interview— Ebro in the Morning with Ebro Darden, Peter Rosenberg, and the only female host, Laura Stylez.

               "SL3 is honestly one of my best works," she says. "I've been through so much in my life when it comes to love or life period. And I done this one independently. I wasn't on a time crunch to rush the process and force out words. I wrote on my own time. I was right next to the ocean with my entire team and we wrote. We done beats."

               "On certain tracks, we can hear samples." Ebro spoke, "Like on Honest. Did you have to talk to Brandy's team about that?"

               "Of course. That's with any sample beat." Shantey informs, "but I spoke to Brandy personally. And anybody that knows me knows Brandy is one of my influences and Have You Ever was one of my favorites. So to receive her blessing to use the same was dope."

               "Different from your previous albums and your EPs, you done something opposite with the cover of the album..." She stares at Laura as she spoke, "You went back to your hometown and to your childhood home. Did that bring back any memories you buried?"