10

Oct     2021

Oct 2021

               While his fiancée remains in Atlanta with her mother, Tavon went tuxedo fitting with Romeo and De— his best man and groomsman

               Tavon may have had lots of close friends from Long Beach and from his long career in the NBA league, but he rather not have a line of groomsmen when his son and brother were all he needed. Wish he could have his older brother Toby present. But he knew he couldn't and he accepts that.

He knows Celine will continue to bring up him fitted as she done the day before. So he got it out the way and to get his brother out of the house since he and his wife Amaury are bickering with one another— Again.

              After the tuxedo fitting, Romeo gets dropped off to hangout with Gabe and their dates for the evening— Toriana and Candice, while Tavon and De decides on grabbing a bite to eat at his restaurant Booker's Seafood.

               Across from each other in a booth, De tells Tavon about the argument between he and Amaury the previous night. ". . She purposely do shit to piss me off, blood. I talk to her calmly, she still not cleaning after herself. I raise my voice, it's the same fucking shit! I tried the talking soft to her ass. She dumb."

               De sipped his drink then adds, "then she bring up the fact I ain't got no gig right now. Gon' say I shouldn't be complaining bout nothin' cause I'm not the one gettin' up to go work. Talkin' bout I lay on my ass all day. Na' bitch I'm cleanin' up after yo' ass— Ion' mean to call her out her name. But she pissin' me off."

               Tavon swallowed his food and asked, "Have y'all thought bout marriage counseling?"

               "Talkin' to som' white shrink that don't know shit bout Black couple pro'lems? Hell na', man. Hoe can't relate to our shit. Don't care bout em havin' a degree."

               Tavon chuckles with his mouth closed. "The marriage counselor can just put shit into better perspective. Get to the rooted issue of y'all pro'lem. You and her gotta realize you fresh outta prison— fourteen years you was in that mufucka. She gotta understand it's not gon' just be easy for you after being in there for that long. You gotta adapt to this world again. And you gotta understand she argue witcho' ass cause she wanna see you doing better.