12

Oct     2021

Oct 2021

               "Oh, there he go right there

               "Oh, there he go right there."

               Closing the backdoor of his Roll-Royce with his size-13 Nike Huaraches, Tavon overhears the progressing deep voice of Romeo as he carries Seona's carseat in one hand and her Moschino diaper in the other. Romeo stands at the doorway with a familiar face he didn't plan on seeing for another day or so— Celine.

               Celine turned around, looking in his direction, garbed in a off-the-shoulder top and a pair of mid-wash cropped flare jeans; wearing heeled sandals. Her long box braids in a bun and head-wrap stylishly wrapped around her head.

               "Hey, baby!" Celine smiles widely, walking in his direction.

               "Waddup?" He partially smiles, confused on her being here. "Whatchu doin' here? Thought wasn't coming back for a few days?"

               "You know I can only deal with my mom and sister for a short amount of time." Celine states, kissing his lips. Which he feels weird about since he was kissing Shantey the previous night. "I missed you. Is this little angel sleep?"

               "Yea. Romeo com' get Seona and lay her down."

               Romeo nods and wastes no time to do as his father told him. It leaves only Celine and Tavon outside, standing in the same spot by his car.

               "Where were you this morning?" Celine asked as she hugs around his torso. "I've been calling you and you weren't home."

               "Yea. . . I stayed ova my brothas last night." Tavon reacted quickly. Lie sounding convincing. "It was a blackout so I ain't wanna drive."

               "Hate those damn blackouts." Celine murmured, "Glad you done the smart thing and didn't drive home."

               "Yea. How was Atlanta?"

               "Bunch of bullshit," she rolls her eyeballs, footing towards the his residence. "My mom being... herself and Charisse being judgmental as usual. It's irritating."