37

January 2022

January 2022

               One hand steering the wheel of his Bentley Coupe, his other hand outreaches to press the green button to answer his phone that rings around the inside of his vehicle from the speakers with Shantey and Troy accompanying him in the car

"What happen to you gettin' rid of that phone?" Tae asks the caller.

"What can I say? I'm defiant." his rich, baritone voice makes Shantey blush in the passenger seat, "Whatchu doin' baby brotha?"

"Wit Mini and Troy, takin' him to look around at dis rehab."

Toby smiled on the other end. "Aye', Shantey. What up baby?"

Shantey was quick to respond. "Hey, Toby. How you doing?"

"Y'know, makin' it. All I can do right na'." he replied, "When you gon' leave my brotha alone? He'on kno' what to do witchu baby."

Toby was aware of the crush Shantey had on him and he played around—All it would be. He knows his brother's love for Shantey, so he would never cross that line.

That's his sis, and he love and protects her like his own blood.

Shantey giggled like a crushing school girl, which results in Tae to narrow his eyes at the phone and Shantey.

"Well, FYI, I'm not witcha brotha." Shantey sticks tongue out.

"Man, you and her better stop playin' wit me." Tae warns.

"Ian' scared of you, nigga." Toby chuckles through the line, "I taught you how to get down." he reminds, "Y'know we just fuckin' around. Where Troy?"

"I'm right hea', Pop." Troy answers from the backseat.

"How you doin' son? You been takin' it one day at a time?" Toby questions his son, concerned.