41

February 2022

February 2022

"Go up there and handle whatchu need to. I'm gone find him." Is what De assured to Tae before he chartered his jet to San Francisco along with Timothy.

Tae was so worried about his nephew. He wants him to get better, but right now, he has to do what his brother asked of him and focus on what he needs to do upstate.

His mind was even more clouded. Press got a hold to the story of Maria getting arrested but don't no the true reason why. Only that she was arrested for child neglect, and Tae had to talk back and forth with his own team—mainly his publicist to separate his and Kendrick's name from the story.

Joey got Maria out and booked her a room at Homewood Suites. When the GMC XL pulls in front of the hotel, Tae walks through the lobby with Timothy and rides the elevator to the second floor. He finds the room number Joey sent him and knocks.

On the other side he overhears Maria tossing out cursing words in Spanish, quick and loud. Within seconds, the door pulls open and Joey breathes out in relief. "Good thing you're here. I may know a little Spanish, but I don't know all of that shit she's saying."

Tae walks in with Timothy, and lays his eyes on her. She paces back and forth in front of the TV, in a jogging suit and ponytailed hair messy. She continues to mutter in Spanish and turns around to find Tae standing there.

Maria grunts something in Spanish. "Who is that cabron?"

"How bout you thank him?" Tae scolds, "he woke up out his sleep and flew here as a favor for me. Be more grateful. He coulda left you in that mufucka."

Maria waves him off, uttering an response in Spanish.

Tae understands. "Do you wanna go back? 'Cause you can. Only reason I gotcho' ass out is for Kendrick. He actually enjoyed his time when he was witchu and I'm not tellin' you break my son heart cause you wanna go back to that bullshit. Why even com' back around, Maria? Why com' back in his life and my life and do this shit again?"

Maria sighs, defeated and her eyes pools with tears. "I don't know Tavon. I just—I love my son and daughter. I do. But...raising them—being a mother, I can't do it. I-I can't. That's why I left Kendrick with you. I had another baby thinking 'maybe this is the time', but in reality I wasn't and her father left me alone with her. I came for custody of KK thinking I can handle them but I can't. I was so stressed out."