24

Dec     2021

Dec 2021

               "I'm glad you finally answered my calls

"I'm glad you finally answered my calls.... And came by."

               Blankly staring at Celine, Tae leaned back on the suede quilted couch in her condo, and fully over the conversation already. He was only there to finally let it be known he was done and there would not be a wedding in February. He loves her— more than he may admit, but he refuses to be with someone who came into the situation only for his money.

               Tae had never liked gold-digging women. His days in the NBA, he would only fuck them and have them leave right after. Not accept a proposal from woman that are like the women he ditched.

               Celine hid who she really was well. And he doesn't trust her anymore.

               "You was gon' keep callin'," he blandly spoke. "Look, I'm not hea' to fix nothin' wit you, Celine. I'm hea' to officially tell you I'm done. This wit us is done. The engagement off. I don't want you poppin' up at no events. None of that. I love you—"

               Celine interrupts him, "I love you too."

               "Don't do that and interrupt me Celine..." he scolds her, "You love me? You don't love me or you wouldn't have came into dis shit wit fucked up intentions. You love my money. The money I broke my break for. Ian' never finna let nobody take what I worked for. I do love you. A lot. But I don't trust you for shit. You signing that prenup ain't prove shit to me. Why? Cause I already know whatchu bout. I'm not allowing that energy around me or my family. This done."

               Celine tears instantly builds in her eyes. "Tavon, listen to me okay? I love you so much. I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry about how I came into the situation. I'm sorry you had to find out the way you did. I'm sorry. I will apologize a hundred times if I have to."

               "That's the thing," Tae chuckles, "You can apologize for the rest of yo' life but I'll never forgive you. I. Do. Not. Trust. You," he slaps his hand down after each word. "How many times do I have to explain that shit to you? Signing the prenup, and yo' apologies do not mean shit to me. Without trust this right hea' it's nothin'. We done."