20

Nov     2021

Nov 2021

               Shantey turns to Tae

Shantey turns to Tae. "Listen," he looks at her too, "this is my son's party. I'm not having it fuck up what they're doing. Go talk but once you feel like things are about to escalate, she needs to go because I will escalate."

               Tae nods and excuses himself, walking over to Celine. Her heart thumps in her chest as he approaches with a blank facial expression. He stands in front of her with his sweet yet masculine whiffing between them.

               "Whatchu doin' here?" he asked blandly.

               "I. . . uh, already told Romeo I would come last month." she informs and adds, "I have him a gift."

               Tae takes the gift from her. "Yea', I can give it to him."

               "Tae... Can we talk?"

               "Na' we can't. This my son birthday and I'm not finna yo' lies on why you done whatchu done. I'ma solid ass nigga. You ain't have to play me like that when I woulda made sho' you and yo' family was straight because I love you. But you rather pull som' sneaky shit. We done. You lost me."

               "So we're just done? Like that?"

               "Done."

               Celine tears up. "You haven't spoken to your lawyer?"

               Confusion and aggravation appears on his expression. "The fuck my lawyer gotta do wit any-fuckin-thing?"

               Before Celine could respond, Victoria interrupts. "Celine, hey! I was hoping I ran into you."

               Celine hugged the wedding planner. "Hey Victoria."

               "I have been calling you about more planning for the wedding. You haven't reached back to me."

               "Yeah..." Celine chuckles awkwardly. "I've been kinda busy."

               Victoria could sense the tension between Tae and Celine. "Oh okay. Just whenever you have time call me okay? February is in three months. We have more to do in a short amount of time."