iv

I inhaled again, it smelled of candy. It reminded me of my shampoo. Wait...candy? My eyes shot open as I gasped. I sat up in a bit of a panic. I looked around trying to figure out my surroundings around me. I looked over to the side table and saw my alarm clock. 8:23 AM. My alarm clock?

I stood and opened the blinds that shielded the outside world. That was a mistake to do. I hissed as I turned my head. The light outside was bright. It took me a moment to adjust to the world around me. Once I had my vision back I realized I was back home. What happened? I thought I was at V's house?

"V?" I called out as I turned and headed to the door. Once I opened it I realized I was back home. "V..?" I called out hesitantly as I stepped out of my room and looked around my apartment. My living room was just as I left it the morning before. My kitchen as well. I looked towards the door and saw my book bag at the door frame.

I looked down to myself and realized I was in my pajamas. What happened to my clothing? What happened to V? I remember being at his house last night. Did he bring me home? Did I walk home in the rain? Rain. I shot my head over to the large window as I walked over to look outside. People were protesting and police officers were fighting with the protesters.

It was still raining outside. I tried to look around the crowd to find a masked figure but I had no luck. I walked back to my room and got changed into another black outfit. Maybe if I went to the protest today I could find him. I hoped so that was. I gave a quick passing glance to my reflection as I rushed out of my bedroom.

I stepped over to the door and picked up my bag, slinging it over my shoulder as I grabbed my keys. While I put my keys in my pocket I swung the door open and rushed out the door. I heard the door slam as I was already half way down the hallway. I rushed to the staircase just as the morning before. I ran down the stairs.

I skipped a stair or two as I rushed myself to get out of the building. Why was I rushing? Was this really about V or was this just because I had company for the first time since I moved out? Was it the fact that I zoned out as hard as I did? I was worried. I was with him last night. I still have questions. It's eating at me and I don't know why it is.

I stepped out into the cool, wet outside world. A chill grew down my spine. I forgot to grab a hoodie but I refused to go back inside. I'd be wasting time. The droplets of rain started to gather in my hair, on my clothing, and against my skin. I rushed my way towards the crowd. People were taking care of those who were effected by the tear gas and rubber bullets.

I'm so unprepared but that's the least of my worries. I don't know where V lives. I can't just visit him if I please. Damn it what the hell happened. I could feel my body heat up as I pushed past people. "V?!" I called out, as if he would just magically pop out of the crowd and find me.

"V!!" I called out again. I looked around me as I rushed around. This was difficult. I couldn't find myself in the crowd of people around me. It made me feel sick. What was it about him that made me look for him like this? I'm losing myself and I only knew him for very few hours of the day. He had me worried.

Should I just let him walk off? Would it be better if I did that? I could just be protesting again, but instead I'm looking for a masked man that saved my life yesterday. I shivered. At this point I was dripping with the gift of the Earth's water.

I felt heat rise in my chest. I looked around as the world around me spun. "V?!" I called out again, thinking he would show up. My vision started to get blurry as I winced. I couldn't find him. I started to move again as I started to feel sick.

"V!!" I blinked as I could hear my voice echoing throughout my ears. "My dear?" I knew that voice from anywhere. V. "V?! Where are you?!" I called out as I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders. I could feel my body moving. I turned my head to look around me. V was no where to be seen.

"V? Where are you?" I could feel myself growing weak. I was scared. "Dear, you need to wake up." I heard his voice echoing in my ears. It was deep and calming. "Come on, dear. Wake up." I could feel myself growing panicked, I took a few more steps forward. I fell onto the cold, wet ground. That was enough to send me into a shock.

I shot up in the bed as V took me into his arms. I shook as I curled up into his figure. I was hot. A lot more hotter than I would've liked. "My dear, you're okay. I'm right here." I whimpered as I fell into him more. "V...please don't make me leave yet.." My voice was shakey, I was terrified. "I won't, darling. You're free to stay as long as you'd like."

I started to feel nauseous. "V, I'm really hot and feel sick." He looked down to me. I looked up to his masked face. "Here, stand up real quick." I nodded and slowly moved myself off of him. Once I was standing he placed his hands on the bottom of my shirt, he slowly lifted it off of my figure. The shirt was damp.

Once the shirt was pulled off over my head I felt immediate relief. I lowered my head. I was left in my bra and underwear. I didn't feel uncomfortable standing in front of V like this. He seemed to be respectful. I lifted my head until my eyes landed on his mask. He stood as he walked to my side, I stayed still due to fear of getting sick.

Before I knew what happened he had me cradled in his arms. I turned my head towards him as I felt him walking. I wasn't sure where he was walking to but I felt a bit better now that I knew I was still with him. I closed my eyes as I inhaled, taking in his scent. It was comforting.

"Alright, I'm going to set you down, okay? I'm going to run a cool bath for you." I wanted to respond but I could only get a whimper out. Before I realized it I was sitting on a white porcelain toilet. The lid was down. I got chills from the cold surface against my thighs. I leaned forward as I placed my elbows on my thighs and placed my head in my hands.

I heard the water running as I kept my head down. "Do you wish to talk about the dream you had? It seemed to have given you quite the fright, darling." I shook my head as I swallowed hard, trying not to vomit. "I'm good.." He turned and placed himself on his knees in front of me.

I lead my eyes to what would've been his. "You're okay, my dear. I promise you you're safe now. It was just a dream." He placed his hand on my cheek as he lifted my head a bit. The cold leather felt nice against my face. I placed my hand over his. We stayed like that for a few moments before I watched him slowly move away.

He turned the water off and turned to me. "Do you need help getting in? Or are you okay to get in?" I looked down again as I was nearly stuck in place. "Could you maybe...help me..?" I asked weakly. I didn't think he'd be willing to even help me get into the bath. But with the state that I was in it was hard to move without feeling sick.

I kept my head down as I could hear him undressing. I didn't dare to look up to him. I closed my eyes as I sat there, waiting for him to move me into the tub. It didn't take long, before I realized what happened a small gasp escaped my lips. He had me in his arms again.

That was when I opened my eyes to look to him. He had an attractive body. He was strong, broad chest, arms and shoulders. I could feel his six pack flex when he lifted his legs over the side of the tub. He kept his boxers on, thank god. However he also left the mask on. He turned me so my back was against his chest and he held my legs up with his arms.

He slowly started to move both of us down into the chilled water. I could hear him hiss as he got lower. Once I felt the cold water against my skin I gasped slightly but was soon quiet after. I wanted to see his body fully but I kept my eyes in front of me. Once we were both under the water he got comfortable and then pulled me to lay back against him.

We both laid in the tub in silence. My nausea slowly started to disappear as I could feel myself growing tired again. The cold water was comfortable. I felt so much more cooler compared to what I did what ten minutes ago? What time even was it? "V, are you okay?"

"Yes, darling. I just want to make sure you're okay. You gave me quite the scare earlier when I heard you yelling for me." You lowered your head as you spoke lowly, watching the water move. "I'm sorry to have startled you, V." He turned my head so I could see him, causing my body to turn slightly. "As long as if you're safe, it's okay."

Black hair. He had black hair. It was longer at the top compared to the sides. The sides were done in a faded shaved type of way. I imagined his face complimented his haircut well. I went silent again as I laid against him. My eyes fluttered shut again as I drifted off to sleep in his arms while under the cold water.