x

My vision started to come back to me as the bright lights around me flashed on and off. I was laying down. Why was I laying down? My head was pounding. I moved my head a bit as I hissed slightly. "She's awoken, Sir." Who was that. "Thank you." I knew that voice. My eyes fluttered open as I took a moment, the flashing red and blue lights weren't helping my head, but I couldn't just ask they turned it off. There was a lot of chatter. I felt cold.

"Are you okay, my dear?" My eyes burned. My vision was so fucked. I moved my head as it got dark. What happened to the flashing lights? I tried opening my eyes as I saw nothing. This was so much better than trying to see past the bright lights. "Dear?" I tried to sit up as I felt my body ache. I felt a pit of hands on me, helping me sit up. "Take it slow, please." I opened my mouth to speak, but found myself struggling slightly. My throat was so dry. "V...what happened..?" For a moment I felt movement and then I saw the bright lights again. I winced and turned my head.

"Hold your hand out, dear. He's trying to give you water." I slowly slid my hand out from my body. I felt the plastic being placed in my hand. I pulled my arm back to me. "Be careful. It's opened." I took note as I felt around for a moment. I felt my free hand slide up the bottle to the cap as I just pulled it off. I lifted the bottle to my lips and slowly drank the liquid from it. It felt so good as I drank it. I moved it from my mouth as I felt a hand on my back, gently rubbing it. I put the cap back on and put the bottle down. "Where am I?"

"You're under a blanket and my cloak. You passed out in the car as I was calling the police and medical staff from Berkinhyme." I sighed gently. "Come out only when you're ready. However the police would like to take a statement from you." I started to move as I could feel my body throb from the movement. It aches. V had slowly moved the cloak off of me. He helped me to my feet as I kept my head down. I stood as I wrapped the blanket around me. He placed the cloak on my shoulders as he put the hood up. It helped ease the light from the cop cars.

An officer stepped over to me as I realized where I had been. I was standing besides a gurney. "Good evening, I'm officer Weld and I will be taking your statement." Weld. I shot my head up as I pulled the hood down. "Is your first name Thomas by any chance?" He nodded. I guess he didn't recognize me. I don't know if I wanted to say anything. I kept myself quiet. "So ma'am tell me everything that's happened here tonight." I looked over to V who was talking to an officer himself.

I started rambling on about everything that happened. Starting on that Sunday night and every event to follow up until the moment I was sitting on the back of my car with the police officer in front of me taking notes of everything. After what felt like forever I went quiet. "Alright, Ma'am thank you." The officer walked away as I sat there in silence. At least I knew he wasn't dead. I'm surprised he became a police officer. I looked up as the flashing lights faded and it was just the stars twinkling. I must've gotten lost in them because I jumped at the sound of V's voice.

"My dear, are you okay?" I was brought back to life with those annoying flashing lights. I winced as I sighed. "Yeah, I'm okay." He gave a gentle nod as he sat on the car next to me. "V, am I going to go to jail?" He seemed surprised by this question as I looked over to him. "My dear, what gives you that idea?" I went quiet for a moment.

"Well, I just gave a statement to my ex about pretty much being apart of a murder." He ran his gloved hand through my hair. "I'm good friends with the governor and the police department in Berkinhyme. I've been in situations like this before. The big one happened a while back..however we do need to do some reading and such when we get home."

I gave him a nod as I leaned up against him. "He put his arm around me. "V, how are we getting home?" He was rubbing my arm. "I had the tire replaced. You were out for a while." Oh. Okay. I sighed gently as an officer came over to V. "Alright, we have everything we need. We will keep in touch with you on this. Let us know if anything happens." V gave him a nod as he got himself off of the trunk of the car. "Come on dear. We're going home."

(( I'm sorry it's so short- ))