xviii

I couldn't move. My eyes were open. Where was I? It looked exactly like V's bedroom back in the states. My chest felt heavy. I was drenched in sweat. I was almost afraid to speak. I couldn't feel much besides the fabric underneath my body. "Is she even there at this point? She goes through so much. It doesn't make sense on how she's still alive."

I could hear a sigh. "Well, for it being summer with extremely bad heatwaves in the states and those protests along with the shock of killing a person. All whilst not eating can really affect a person."

"You really shouldn't have left her like how you did. You're lucky you got her back." There was a chuckle. I could hear footsteps. "Well, once I heard she was the next target there wasn't much more I could've done besides bring her here. She wasn't safe in the states. Here, I can watch her without putting my life or hers in danger. The government is a lot more...stable anyways." There was another sigh.

"Yeah, honestly. I do have to ask though is it necessary for me to stay here? I can just find a place to stay-" "No. I insist. It's better if you're here anyways. That way if I have any emergency runs to make she won't be here alone." Another sigh. Thomas must've been frustrated about the matter of the situation.

"She should be waking up soon. I'm gonna go out and explore. Are you gonna be okay with her?" "Yeah, of course. I was with her longer than what you were." I heard more footsteps and then a door shut. "Oh, my dear you are awake. Are you alright?" I opened my mouth to speak but it felt like it was full with something. "Do you need water?" I tried to speak again but nothing came out.

I heard him step over to me and he sat by my side. I turned my head to look over to him. He looked at me and sighed slightly. "You need to take care of yourself more." I huffed as he started to help sit me up. My body was in pain. Was it because of what happened in that...dream? I still don't know what it was. I wish I did.

"Are you feeling any better from the ride home?" He had to be messing with me. He turned away and turned back to me and lifted a glass of water to my lips, I opened my mouth and allowed myself to take in as much of the cool liquid as I could. The taste was bitter, the water tasted terrible but I needed it.

He pulled the glass away from my mouth. I didn't even get to drink that much. I felt like I could finally talk again. My mouth wasn't feeling like cotton anymore and my throat wasn't dry. "What happened?" V turned to face me again.

"You passed out. Your body is a bit bruised because of the ride home. I had Thomas drive and I was in the back with you. He got us into some road trouble and wasn't being too careful. Needless to say we're safe, but you need to rest. Have you been sleeping well?"

I shook my head. I honestly wasn't. The nights felt like they never happened. It just felt like it was something that never came. Like expecting that one present on Christmas that you were really looking forward to every year but never actually get. It just wasn't something that felt real.

"Uh no, I haven't." He sighed. "Well me and Thomas will be here with you to make sure you have everything you need. The next day or two you're going to catch up on sleep and then we will get you out and about. We have a lot of traveling and sights to see once Thursday comes around."

I growled slightly. It hurt but I forced myself to lay back down. "No. You left me. I don't want to go out with you right now." He shook his head. "Then Thomas will go out with you. You need clothing anyways." He wasn't wrong. My outfit wasn't exactly the best smelling thing on the planet right now, neither was I.

"I don't want to go out with him either. I want to stay in here. Alone." He sighed. I'm guessing he decided he wasn't going to push it because he stood and left the room, shutting the door behind him. I sighed as I laid there. I could feel slumber taking over my body again. I allowed it to take over as I prepared myself for possibly the worst slumber I could have.

(( Note: I will not be uploading this week. My writers block has gotten really bad. I should be good to update it next week. I will not be updated the week after, though. I am supposed to be getting a tattoo that Friday. I'll update the week after then and then should be back on schedule. ))