xiii

I shot up and looked around the room. "V!!" I jumped out of bed, the room was chilled. My body felt heavy and my throat was dry. I ran out of my room and into the living room. I looked around the area. No one was there. My body was hot. I felt sticky. I rushed to the bathroom, turning the light on as I then turned the cold water on in the shower and gasped as I stepped into the tub and sat down on the tub's floor.

The cold water help put me at ease as I sat with the water falling down my body. Did he actually need me? Was I just lost in the dream? My body felt cooler than what it did. I stood and turned off the water, allowing the water on my body to gather at my feet in a puddle. My hair is dripping wet. I wrung out the excess water in my hair as it joined the puddle on the porcelain flooring. Once most of the water was at my feet, I stepped out as it started to flow towards the drain.

I grabbed a towel from the cabinet under the sink and wrapped the soft fabric around my figure. I stepped out of the bathroom after turning the light off and walked back to my room. I still felt groggy, but not as bad as I did when I first woke up. Did he actually need me? I walked over to my bedside table and checked my phone. I had two missed calls from an unknown number. I put my phone back down as I dried my body off and then wrapped my hair up in the towel.

I sat on the bed as I pulled my laptop onto my lap. I started searching up flights. I had no idea where V was in London. All I knew was that he was somewhere there. I found a ticket for London, the soonest I could find was tomorrow night. I bought the ticket and then placed my laptop aside. Whether he actually needed me or not, I wasn't going to ignore what I just saw.

I had time tomorrow to get ready, the rest of the night was mine to waste away. I had gone back to laying down in the dark room with the only light illuminated within it was from my laptop. I went back to Netflix and continued whatever show I fell asleep to. I took the towel off of my head, it dropped to the floor. My hair was in between of being damp and dry. I hated this feeling. I got up and brushed my hair to then put it in a messy bun. I crawled back into bed as I just left the towel on the floor aside of my bed.

I pulled the covers over me as I was paying attention to the show. It felt comfortable where I was. It was as if drifting into a deep thought, everything got dark and I felt comfortable and safe.

"Please!! Help me!!" I heard his voice again. I shot up and turned my light on again. I felt dizzy. He looked worse than what I remembered. "You need to help me!!" He was standing at the foot of the bed. A bullet wound on his forehead and his chest looked like a pokka dotted dress. "V!-" I moved towards him as he came towards me. "Please. Help. You're the only one who can." I backed up.

"This is just a dream." I looked up to his face, tears were falling down his cheeks. He looked so vulnerable. "No it's not a dream." I shook my head. "It is. So was the one before.." I looked over to my laptop as it was playing the show I had playing before I fell asleep. "No. My dear, please listen to me. You need to leave. You need to come here where I can protect you."

I looked back to him as I shook my head. "I don't understand. You wanted me to stay away. Why do you want me with you?" He sighed. "I thought you would've been safe in the city alone. There's more of them. They're going on a killing spree. The imposter? He was the "king" as you'd call it. Now that he's dead his followers are pissed. They want a total blood shed. They already started in Berkinhyme and many other cities. Luckily it's only in the states. I fear that if they find you then they'll torture you just like his family has to me."

"Wait. Hold on. His family did that to you? How?" He shook his head. "They've lived in the UK. The family is damn well close to royalty here." I groaned. "How do I know this is real?" I heard him huff slightly. I watched him walk over to me. "I just...need you to trust me. Please my dear. I need you here and safe with me." I sighed. He wasn't really giving me much of a choice. "Alright...I guess." He gave me a gentle smile as it then turned to a frown.

"Do you hear that?" Just as he said it, there was loud beeping sounds echoing throughout the room. I gasped as I shot up. Just like that, he was gone. But the beeping sound wasn't. I sighed as I turned on my lamp, from what I could tell there wasn't a fire in my room. My vision was blurry, though. I rushed to my closet and threw on a pair of shorts I had hanging up and a T-shirt. I grabbed my phone and rushed over to the bedroom door. I opened it, there wasn't a fire. I don't know why the automatic voice wasn't going off then.

I put on my slip on vans and grabbed my keys. I opened the door and followed the crowd of people that were going down the stairs. I sighed as I looked around. There was no smoke. Was there? I heard people talking but in their low towns. I checked the time, it was five in the morning. I slept all night. Everyone was soon out of the building as we all looked around it. Then we saw smoke melting out from the top of the apartment complex.

What happened the to automated voice? We heard sirens as a few people started to run around the building and over to the parking lot across the street. I followed in suit. I got myself to sit on the brick wall that was at the front of the lot. I pulled my attention to my phone as it started to ring. It was an unknown number. I picked up. "Hello?"

"Hello, my dear."