xii

(( I cant believe people still like this story- ))

I was walking through the grocery store. It's been a week and a half since I last saw V or heard anything from him. I had no motivation to leave my place, protests were going on and I had no wish to be apart of them. I could barely eat, I couldn't take care of myself, all I did was lay in bed and listened to the same song on repeat. I had lost my job because of that murderer. I had just enough money saved up to last me a month and a half in case if an emergency sparked. In this case, it was just that.

I needed to get new food. My kitchen was bare. The food had gone bad after spending the last few weeks at V's place. I stopped and looked at the ice cream flavors for a bit before picking one up. Ice cream always seemed to help, especially since the weather is getting warmer. I put it in my cart as I started to walk to the check out. The store had gotten quiet. I was just passing the cafe part of the store when I paused and noticed there were crowds of people in front of me, watching the screen as if to be hypnotized.

I left myself to just listen to what was being said as I went to the check out and started putting my stuff onto the belt. 'Many people have disappointed me with the upcoming season.' Why did it sound familiar? 'I've seen many protests starting to die down and people have been going silent. You need to remember what you're fighting for. The government is...' I could still hear the voice going as I started to get lost in thought.

'Ma'am?' I heard a voice. I wasn't sure who it was from. I shook my head slightly once I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Oh uh- sorry." I moved forward as I started to bag my groceries and put them in my cart. I stayed silent as the voice started to come back to me. 'We need to do better. There are still many people who aren't doing what they need to do in order to make a change.' I paid for my stuff. 'Everyone must do better. I am expecting to see more people standing up and doing what they believe is right. The government isn't serious about putting in a change. I've seen them do this before.'

I walked out of the store with a cart full of stuff I walked back to my car. The world seemed to have been on pause. I opened the trunk and put my groceries in it. Closing the trunk, I pushed the cart towards the cart catty and to my surprise it went in. I rushed to the drivers side of the car, but opened the door and got in. I felt panicked. I didn't know what the hell was going on. I didn't want to know who it was making the announcement. I sighed as I started my car. I turned the radio to the aux and played the Neighbourhood. I couldn't stand to listen to his voice. I'd get hooked on it again.

It felt like it was a long drive home, it really wasn't. I managed to get everything up into my apartment and away before feeling tired and drained again. I put all the cold things away that had to be put away but left the dry stuff on the counter in the bags as I slumped back to my room. I opened the door and was welcomed to a nice, chilled out room. I started to strip in the dark room. I looked over to my bed as I looked at the messed up sheets and my laptop that rested aside of my pillows.

I was left in underwear and my shirt. I left the clothes and my boots where they were. I crawled under the blankets as I shivered slightly as I turned my laptop on, I started to hear his voice going off again. 'Those who don't comply to my wishes will meet the fate-' I muted my laptop. It's been how long and it's still going on? Where was it coming from? I clicked on different tabs to check where it was coming from. It was Spotify.

I closed the tab and unmuted the laptop. I went back to the Netflix tab and started playing whatever was on. I laid there as the sound started to fall into silence in my ears. Everything got dark.

I heard my door opening as I sat up I felt the covers being pulled off of me, I gasped and pulled them back. "What in the hell?!" "Dear it's me, need your help. I had no where else to go please help me. I'm in danger." Danger. "What? What am I supposed to do?" I felt him sit on the edge of the bed. I reached over and turned my light on. I looked back to him and was terrified.

He was bloody. His mask was partly missing and scuffed. The skin on his head was covered with crimson red. I reached out to touch him as he flinched. His eyes made contact with mine. His eye was a soft green. I looked at the rest of his maskless face. His cheek was covered in the color red. The color masked his lips. I placed my hand on his cheek. His skin, though rough with the slightly dried blood was soft.

I heard him groan as I backed up. I looked him up and down as I noticed he was gripping the side of his body. "You need to come help me. Please come help me." I felt myself panicking. "How...How do I help you?!" I got out from under my blankets as the coldness of the room kissed my skin, sending shivers down my spine. I sat next to him as I made eye contact with him. I could see so much fear in his eye.

"I need you to come help me." I got up. "I'll go get the bandages an-" "No. I need you to come to where I am and help me." Help him. He's asking for help but won't let me move to do it. "What? You won't let me get up to get bandages. If you don't let me up I can't help you-" He sighed and grabbed my hands. "You need to come to London. I'm in danger. I need your help."