xvii

It was bright. My throat was dry and it was hot. My body felt hot, but the room around me was cold and I could feel it. "H-Hello?" I called out as I started to slowly open my eyes. My back ached. What was I laying on? My clothing felt uncomfortable. I could barely see the room around me. I heard beeping. Fuck.

"HELP SOMEONE?!" I winced as I then forced my eyes to open completely. I was exactly where I thought I was. "NURSE HELP I THINK IM DYING!!" I knew I wasn't dying. I was barely awake. But if I was causing enough commotion then someone was bound to come in the room and give me answers. "Hey, you're alrright." I yelped as I turned my head towards the sound.

Why is Thomas still here? "Get me out of here." I demanded. He looked at me for a moment before sitting up. He must've been sleeping. "Where is V." He stretched as I looked at him. "V ran out to get something. He should be back soon." I huffed. "How long was he even gone? How long have we been here? I want answers!"

He sighed as he slowly stood and moved over to the chair that was sitting next to the hospital bed. He pulled out his phone. I opened my mouth to speak as he put a finger up as if to hush me. He tapped away on his phone before I heard the phone ringing. "Is everything okay?" V. I went to sit up but realized I was practically tied to the bed. I couldn't move. "V!!"

I started to feel so overwhelmed. I just wanted to see him again. "So she has awoken, obviously. You're on speaker as well. When will you be back?" I heard him shuffling and heard a ding on his side of the phone. "I'm actually at the hospital now. I should be in the room shortly." I was dripping with anticipation to see him again.

"Well you better hurry up. She looks like she's going to do something dumb." I heard V growl slightly. "Don't be an asshole." Thomas sighed. "She woke me up. Chao." He put his phone away as I looked at him. "What did you do to me." He stood as he looked at me, he was frustrated. "I didn't do anything to you. You over stressed about something and caused your body to shut down on you when we were in the field."

The door opened just as he finished talking and we both looked over. I was weak but I struggled against the restraints anyways. "V!" At the sound of my voice he turned and faced me. At sight of that familiar mask, it caused me to feel such at ease. "Why are you in restraints?" I growled as I looked over to Thomas. V did as well. "I didn't do that! I just suggested to the doctor that when she wakes up she will try to run. So he did that. I know how she is when it comes to hospital trips."

"Get me out of them now!" I shrieked as they both jumped to the opportunity to getting me out of the restraints. Once my wrists were free I rubbed both of them. They were hot and ached from the fabric. I didn't realize V was looking at me. "So what did you bring?" V shook his head and looked up to Thomas. Tossing him the bag. It was filled with goodies. Sodas, chips, and styrofoam containers.

I was watching Thomas before I had a chance to realize V had his hand on my cheek. The feeling of his leather glove caused me to melt into his touch. "Please lay with me." I moved myself slowly towards the machines as the space to my left was empty. He walked around the bed to the other side of it. He looked at me for a moment as I opened my arms to him.

He allowed himself to climb onto the bed with me. He laid on his side and curled up next to me. His head was on my chest as he held me close. I felt safe again. "Oh also, I feel like I should mention the doctor said once you wake up we need to let him know so he can check you out once more. If he thinks you're good we can leave."

I groaned. He really has his own ways of being inconvenient. "Well then, Thomas. Go get the doctor and get me THE HELL OUT OF HERE." I heard him laugh as V slowly sat up. I kinda frowned. V slowly stood as he turned and looked at me. "V, are you okay?" He shrugged and walked out of the room. "What.." I looked over to Thomas and grew startled by how he looked. His eyes were red, as if he had been crying. He sniffled.

"This is all your fault. We would've been alive still if it wasn't for you." Alive? Am I actually dead? "What do you mean, 'Alive', Thomas. We are alive." He scoffed as he looked at me. "Who do you think 'we' are?" I looked down to my hands. I started fidgeting. "You, V and me.." I heard him scoff. "You're delusional. What do you think that's going to do if she wakes up?" What the hell was he talking about. "What? I am awake. Thomas-" I felt his hand on mine. It caused me to stop fidgeting. "You're okay."

What kind of joke was this? Am I not actually awake? My body had been feeling uneven. I huffed slightly as I opened my mouth. If there was one way to make sure it was probably doing this. I let out a squeal. Suddenly I felt my body being pulled with a hard force. I closed my eyes as I made the sound again. Everything then stopped.

"Get out of the car and help me get her back up on the seat."