xi

"Are you sure you need to leave?" I heard him sigh. This had to have been the sixth time I asked. He turned to me. I wish I could read what he was feeling but I could only see that stupid mask. "Yes, my dear." I could feel tears starting to swell. It had been a week since the incident. "We can make this work, please don't go." I felt stupid for begging for him to stay.

"Dear, you know it's safer if I leave." I wanted to speak up about how he was safe where he was. He wasn't technically in Kiliham, so he was safe. I crossed my arms and turned around. I couldn't bare to see him. My mind started to go back over all of the events that have happened this past week. The day after the murder we did so much research.

It turned out the imposter was using V's identity to commit murder. It wasn't only him. There were several other cases in cities and towns across the states that were all caused by someone wearing a mask that looked exactly like V's. I looked to my left. I looked at his bags. He was going back to London.

I found out that V use to live in London. He started a revolution during a pandemic, protests and riots, all while the stock markets were practically dead. He had millions following him. He went into hiding once everyone had gotten the government to make a change. Once the idea of him died down, he moved. How he went unnoticed, I have no idea. He wouldn't explain that to me.

"Can I come with you? I don't want to be in this town anymore if my life is on the line." I turned to look at his figure as he put down the bag he had in his left hand. He placed his right hand under my chin and lifted my head up to look at him. "My dear, I will always be with you. You will be more safer here than in London." I could feel a tear falling down my cheek.

"I don't want to be here alone anymore. I want to be with you." He wiped my tears away that started to spill from my eyes. "My dear, you will be just fine on your own. I promise you." I let out a harsh sigh as he kept my head up. "I will be a lot closer to you than what you think." I felt more tears fall. I couldn't shake the thought from my head.

As if it was on cue he spoke. "My dear, I need to go now." He stepped away from me as he turned and picked up his bags. I felt helpless standing there and watching him just walk away. I stepped forward to reach a hand out to him but when I placed my hand on him he almost seemed to have flinched away from me. I turned away from him as I could feel my tears dampen my shirt.

"My dear...You're making this hard for both of us. Please do not cry." I heard him speak as I felt his hands on my arms. "I will be back before you realize I am." I watched him walk past me and close the door. I stood facing the door just like that Sunday night. I could've gone back home, but I didn't want to. The past week has been the best time of my life.

I spent the days with V, going out and doing stuff like normal people would do. But I couldn't bare the thought all week that he was leaving. It broke my heart. Maybe I should take this as a sign. Go back to my normal life and just live it out. I knew it was going to be hard. It's what he would've wanted. I didn't have much here, I should've but I didn't.

I turned as I watched his car roll out of the driveway and disappear around the corner. I felt empty. I sighed as the weight of my book bag started to melt into my back. It was heavy. I had a good amount of stuff with me. I looked to my car and sighed. I couldn't stay here. It would break me too much.

I started to move towards my car. I pulled the keys from my pocket as I unlocked it. It beeped. I opened the back car door and took my bag off, throwing it in the back seat. I shut the door then opened the driver's door. I got in, closed the door and sat there for a bit.

(( I'm so sorry this chapter is short. I've been busy for a lot of stuff recently. ))