vii

(this chapter is a bit violent, tw; mentioning of blades/knives/blood)

I paid attention to the road after snapping out of thought, but it was a bit too late before I realized what I did. I slammed on the breaks as I heard a scream from outside of my car. I came to a hard stop. My body was flung forward than back harshly against the seat. My body started to ache. I kept the car running as I unbuckled and got out. I stepped over to the front of the car as I tried to not make fast movements. "Oh my god I'm so sorry I didn't-" I looked down at the figure in front of my car. It looked like it was a male. His shoulders were broad, the shape of his body reminded me of V's.

"Are you okay, sir?" The man gave a slight sound. I rushed to be by his side to help him up. He allowed me to help as he tried to help make lifting him up a bit easier. "I can take you to the hospital are you okay with that?" He didn't answer. He wasn't dead. Why wasn't he talking? "Sir..?" Suddenly he moved. Too fast for me to realize he did. He was suddenly holding me up against his chest with some sort of blade at my neck. He brought his head besides mine, his lips closer to my ear than I anticipated. "Listen to every word I say very closely."

I was silent, too scared to reply. "I'm not going to mess up this time. We are going to walk down to the river bank and I'm going to make sure no one ever hears from you again." I nearly choked as I felt panic erupt in my chest. "W-Why are you doing this to me? Why not someone else?" He scoffed in my ear as we started to move forward. "You're the only idiot that has been out all night. I couldn't get my hands onto anyone else this late.  I'm short on money. You're young. I plan on gutting you like a fish and selling whatever is inside of your pretty little body."

We stepped over a curb. We made it across the street from where my car was. I was terrified but even more so that he would slice my head off now. "Please, sir let me go. I can give you anything you want just please let me go-" I started to resist his movement of going forward as he started to press the side of the blade against my neck. I whimpered as I fell silent. "What I want is inside of you. Now we can either do this by the river bank or right here. I could care less." I continued to try to resist his movements but he started stepping on my heel.

Now I kinda wish I stayed with V. I closed my eyes as I continued to try to fight him. I was too panicked to do or think much. "Please. Let me go." I could feel my chest growing warm. I wanted to get away but I wasn't sure how to. I tried to push back against him. I had no strength in my body to do so. I was basically being dragged around like a rag doll. I lowered my head and decided to just follow what he said to do. I walked in front of him as he lead my walking. We both then ended up at a small dirt hill that lead down to the river bank. "You're going to go down there and stay there. I'm going to be right behind you."

I opened my mouth to speak but was silenced by a yelp from the man as he backed away from me. I opened my eyes, turned and shoved him onto the ground as I heard him cry out in pain again. I looked around for the white plastic mask. I managed to find it staring at me from several feet away. I went to run towards him but as I passed the man, he grabbed my ankle before I could make much more of a move. I tripped and he crawled on top of me. "That's it. You're dead." I could hear his voice before I heard a loud ringing sound in my ears. I started to grow hot again as the man on top of me fell limp.

I assumed he was dead, I was too panicked to move. I was terrified. I shot my head up as I saw the white mask getting closer. He was coming close at a fast pace. Was he running? He was. I think I saw him nearly trip as he ran. "Darling!-" He shoved the body off of me as he pulled me towards him, he sat on the muddy dirt as he pulled me onto his body. I curled up as I was shaking in fear. My neck stung, I guess I only realized it now because the rain was hitting it. I'm guessing he noticed it because he covered me with his cloak. He looked down to me as my vision started to become blurry. I was high on panic. Everything around me was spinning and I felt hot. I could hear V's voice but I couldn't stay awake anymore.

Cold. It was cold. I was freezing. I could feel chills running throughout my body. Why was it so cold? I was laying down against something soft. However it felt like it was moving out from under me. I slowly opened my eyes as I looked around. I was in the back of my car. I looked at the window and noticed everything was passing the car. I gasped slightly as I shot up. The windows were down as the cool air brushed through the car. I felt a sharp pain from my neck as I fell back. "V!!" I yelped our in pain. I couldn't look at who was driving. My neck hurt too much.

I felt a hand on my arm as I heard the driver speak. "Hush darling, you're safe. It's okay. We're going back to my house. Where it's safe." I exhaled sharply as I looked to V. I wish I could see what he looked like under that mask. "We just left the hospital. They said you need to need to be careful because your neck is extremely sensitive right now. You lost a lot of blood." I heard a sniffle, or I thought I did. I wasn't sure if I made it or if he did but he pulled his arm back to the wheel. "We have a bit more to go before we even get anywhere close to my place." I huffed slightly. If I would've just stayed with him none of this would've happened. "Darling, are you feeling okay? Is it cold enough for you?" I sighed gently. Although my skin felt cold, the inside of my chest was hot.

"Yeah, V. I'm okay." I looked out the window again as I watched the sky get lighter in color. "When we get back home, you need to get a bath and we will get you to bed. Do you need anything from your place? You're staying at my place for a while and that's final. You are not allowed to leave my place until you're healed." I groaned slightly. Great. If I would've just listened to him I wouldn't be here. "I need to get back to work today." I could hear him huff in frustration. "Damn it, darling. Listen to me. You're staying at my house and that's final. I refuse to allow you to be out and about especially with a killer on the loose."

"I thought you killed him?" He sighed. He seemed annoyed. "No. That guy that attacked you was just some tweeked out weirdo that did black market trading and selling." I don't know if I was thankful that it wasn't the murderer or if I hated the fact it wasn't the murderer. I sighed slightly as I started seeing the tops of buildings. We must've just entered the town. I could feel my stomach getting butterflies. I had to either go inside and get stuff for my forced stay or give him my key so he could do god knows what. I sighed as I could feel the car turn and then come to a stop. He closed the windows and turned the AC on blast. It was chilly. "I will be back."

He left the car and I stared at the roof of the car. I must've zoned out because the sound of the trunk opening snapped me out of the imaginary world I had fallen into. I heard rustling for a moment and then the trunk was slammed shut. I tried to look at the window above me, only to be welcomed to V getting back into the car. He was quiet. He turned the car on and rolled the windows down again and pulled out of the parking spot. He started driving again. The car ride was silent. I got stuck in my head for a bit.

Was there really no way to get out of not staying at his place? What was he going to do if I left? He couldn't do anything either way, could he? I was hurt, though. I don't think resisting him is going to be good in my favor. I felt dizzy. After what felt like hours the car came to a stop. "Alright, I might need your help but I'm going to pull you out of the car. You need to try to keep your head levitated." I didn't even realize he was at my feet. I nodded as I started to slowly push myself out of the car, he kneeled as he allowed me to slink into his arms. I tried to keep my head up the best I could. "Good job, darling." He spoke to me as he pulled my upper body out of the car gently. He held me bridal style. I could feel him slowly stand up, he closed the door with his foot.

He started making his way to the house as he used the hand that was under my knees to open the door. He then stepped inside the hose with me in his arms. Prepared to take as much care of me as he needed to.