xiv

"V-" He hushed me over the phone. "There's no time to waste. I need you here." I thought back to the dream. "There's going to be a mass murder in the states." I started to speak. "The family is near royalty and they found out their son died. You need me over there so you can protect me-" It went silent for a moment.

"How did you know?" I sighed. "Oddly enough, you told me through my dreams. I bought a plane ticket and I'm supposed to be flying out tonight." I sounded insane. "That is if this fire gets under control and put out-" He sounded panicked as he spoke. "Fire?!" I sighed. "The top two floors it looks like caught on fire." "Are you safe?"

"Yeah. I'm just worried about my clothing." I heard him chuckle. "Well, don't worry about your clothing. I have enough money we can recreate your entire wardrobe when you get here." I sighed. "It's going to take a bit." He huffed. I wonder if he looked like how he did in my dream.

"What time was your flight?" "Uh- I think I'm supposed to catch it by 6:30 ton-" "No. you need to come here sooner than that." I sighed. "Those flights were more than what I have." I heard him snicker. "Have you not gotten back to work?" I shook my head before realizing I wasn't sitting in front of him. "I got laid off." I lied. I have a feeling he knew I was lying.

"I'll get you a flight, and we can worry about your clothing later. You need to get to the airport." Was he seriously rushing me? "You need to get here." I sighed. "Alright. I'll call an Uber or something-" "No." He sounded mad. "Take your car and drive yourself to the airport." What was his deal? Was someone really going to come after me? "Alright but what about-" "It'll be fine. Just go. I'll call you again and send you the ticket information when I'm done." I sighed.

"Alright, I'll see you soon. But just know I have a bit of a bone to pick with you." I pulled the phone away as I heard him go to speak. I hung up and got off of the brick wall. I rushed over to my car and unlocked it. I got in and started my car after closing the door. I turned on the radio and backed out of my space carefully. The airport was an hour away.

I put on a playlist that was gonna somehow manage me. One that I felt like that would last me the ride. I rolled down the windows and drove. It was a long ride. I didn't even have my wallet on me and I should've. I was on half a tank of gas. I could probably make it.

I was speeding and I shouldn't have been but I was. I was scared. I don't know why V was acting the way he was but it didn't make me feel right. He was concerned about something but he wouldn't explain anything. He better give me some damn answers when I see him. I refuse to allow him to not say anything about this. Especially if it had my life on the line.

Driving to the airport felt like a pain in the ass, but an hour and a half later I found myself driving in circles trying to find a space to park. I ended up getting tired of it my twentieth time around and managed to find a spot to park in. My car was probably going to get towed. I didn't think I'd be leaving London anytime soon anyway. I stayed in the car but rolled the windows up.

I picked up my phone and called V. To my surprise he answered. "Hello, my dear. Did you make it to the airport?" I grumbled. "Yeah." I heard him whisper something. "Alright, well I'm going to need you to drive to the coordinates I just sent you. I have a friend that is going to be picking you up and bringing you out to me himself." I growled slightly.

"You made me drive out to the airport for what reason?!" He chuckled. "So you could drive to the coordinates I sent you. You're close to it from that airport. It was a last minute change." I sighed and turned my car on. "Alright. But you have a lot you need to tell me when I get there or I'll find the family myself and allow my life to get on the line."

I hung up in frustration as I copied the coordinates and plugged them into google maps. I looked at my phone and he was right. I was close. It was only about fifteen minutes away. That wasn't too bad, however my car was suffering. I sighed as I backed out of the spot and drove to the coordinates.

Once I got to where I was supposed to be I was stopped several yards away from what looked like to be a private jet. What kind of business does V have to be able to own a private jet? I was welcomed to a man standing at my window, I took a moment to look at him. He was tall, broad. He was wearing a suit. He had sunglasses on so it was hard to see his eyes. His hair was a chestnut brown. It was long on the top and short on the sides. I rolled down my window. "Are you for V?" His voice was deep. I nodded.

"If you could please follow me, we have a long trip back to London. It will be a few hours." I was skeptical of the male, but I listened and stepped out of the car. I walked a bit behind him as we walked to the jet. "So if I ask you a few questions will you be honest with me? Everything the past month has been crazy and I just need someone to be straight with me."

He turned and started walking backwards as I looked to the shades that covered his eyes. "Yes. I was told to do nothing but make sure you feel comfortable and have a safe flight. He turned around again as I noticed the hair on the back was short and faded into the long hair onto the top. It looked nice on him.

We got to the jet and he allowed me to go in first, I stepped in and it was just what a private jet would look like. It had a theme of white and gold. There was what was like a sofa and seats. There was a table in the middle of the seats. It was odd, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I took a seat at one of the seats at the table and the man who was with me sat across from me. There was a single flight attendant and two pilots.

I sat as the jet was getting prepared. "Make sure to buckle up." I watched the man buckle himself up as I copied what he did. I was buckled in and before I knew what happened we were lifting off of the ground and into the sky. This was happening. I'm really going to London. I zoned out for a bit before being snapped out of thought by the sound of his voice.

"You can unbuckle now, hon. And you had some questions?" I looked to him as I unbuckled myself. He had his shades off. His eyes were an ocean blue. They were beautiful. "Oh uh..." He gave me a gentle smile. His skin was pale yet dark. It reminded me of the beach. "Take your time. We have the next few hours to talk."