31

Todoroki watched the fight between you and Bakugo with more fret than he'd intended. His body twitched with every back and forth, his foot tapping as he tried to predict and gage your moves. He even almost jumped when that blast happened- worried you'd hurt each other seriously this time.

He couldn't watch from the stands with the rest of his classmates- too many questions to be asked- didn't want to sit- so he went to the common observatory, a deck below where he could just lean on the railing. Unfortunately, Kirishima and Kaminari found him, but at least they were vigilant enough to keep quiet as he watched the match.

No one could see what was going on at the very end- Bakugo's explosions causing only Present Mic's assumptions and the whispers in the crowd to be a source of speculation.

Kirishima and Kaminari tried to squint to see past the thick gray cloud, but Shoto was only holding his breath till the smog cleared.

When it did, he was surprised to find Bakugo unconscious next to you- eyes shut, mouth hanging loosely open, muscles limp.

But Shoto was more distracted by how worried you looked about him. How you obviously put a hand to his neck to feel his vitals and slouched in relief when you knew you'd just knocked him out cold and nothing more...

Shoto clenched his fists on the railing.

You were so cold with him earlier.
You were so angry and dead-eyed up to the very end when it felt like you'd ripped each other's hearts out. Now, since your fight with Bakugo where you'd obviously just yelled at one another, you were just so different again and-

"Todoroki-kun."

Shoto's head snapped up, his hands clamped on the railing loosening as he heard his name.
Kirishima and Kaminari turned around to see Uraraka and Deku walking through the entrance.

"Midoriya." He said, seeing his arms all wrapped up in a brace with bandages, a sudden pang of guilt striking him."Ar-are you alright?"

"Yeah." Deku smiled, whole-heartedly, walking up to stand next to him. "Fine now."

Swallowing back at the awkwardness, he tried to give him room.

"I apologize if I-

"No, don't." Deku shook his head, his tone light, airy, not pained in the slightest. "I'm glad I got to see you at your best."

Todoroki opened his mouth, wanting to say something along the lines of a 'thank you', but nothing came out.
He was too busy staring at Midoriya's injuries, remembering how he'd let his anger control him too much.

The boy across from him soon realized what he was looking at and laughed, trying to comfort Todoroki.

"These'll heal in no time thanks to recovery girl." He assured him. "Don't worry about me."

Kirishima and Kaminari pat Deku's back, giving their own little teases about his quirk and congratulating him on his recovery.

Todoroki sighed at that- thankful he hadn't hurt him too bad.
Made him empathize with you for a moment if that's what you were feeling with Bakugo down there.

"Damn." Kirishima said, looking down at the arena as Bakugo was being taken to the infirmary while cementos rebuilt the destroyed platform. "Bakugo's gonna be pissed when he wakes up."

"How'd she beat him anyway?" Kaminari asked, scratching his head. "I couldn't see anything with all that smoke."

"She manipulates elemental bonds right, Todoroki?" Deku asked.