𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕠𝕧𝕖

(listen to song above if you'd like)

"Goodbye y/n we are gonna miss you so much." Emily said with a sad smile.

All of y/n's friends from her hometown (hometown name) were bidding her a goodbye as she put the last of her boxes in her Auntie Liane's trunk. It was the beginning of August and she was moving to a small town in Colorado. Y/n was going to be moving in with her aunt and cousin.

"I'm going to miss you guys too."

"Be sure to call or text us every night, and don't forget to keep us up to date on everything." Her other friend Sasha replied.

"I will don't worry. I don't know how I'm going to get through not seeing you three all the time." Y/n told them.

"Yea you better." Danny had said to her. Ruffling her (long/medium/short) hair.

"Come on Love we have to get going so I can make dinner for you and Eric." Liane said sweetly.

"I've got to go guys I'll text you when I'm there." Y/n said pulling them all in for one last group hug. Tears slipped down the three girls' faces while Danny sniffled. These four were inseparable since 3rd grade. And leaving them behind was going to be hard for y/n.

Y/n pulled away from the hug and got into the passenger seat. She rolled down her window and waved goodbye to her friends. As the car drove off they grew smaller and smaller into the distance. She rolled her window up halfway and turned to her auntie Liane.

"How have things been with you and Eric, is he still a little chubby monster just like when we were kids?" Y/n said with a small giggle.

"Sometimes dear but not always. He has his moments. And he's still my little big boned boy, though he has lost a few pounds since then. After all, you were both 9. Now you're 17." She replied with a smile.

Y/n laughed to herself remembering the family reunions where he would say he wasn't fat just "big boned".

"Yea I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen you guys. My mom and dad send their love. Since they left for their business trip to Australia, I've had a lot of free time on my hands and I was so happy when they called and said I would be staying with you while they were away." Y/n told her. A big smile on her face. "Even though I will miss my friends so much." Her smile soon fading.

"Aww it's okay love, cheer up. I've missed you more and I bet little Eric has too. He used to get so upset when you would leave after the family reunions with you both being so close in age and all that. Even though he would never admit it he would mope around for a few days. I didn't tell him you were coming to stay with us dear. I wanted it to be a surprise for him. I hope you're okay with that." Liane said to y/n.

"Of course it is, it'll be a surprise for the both of us since it's been a while. Am I still taller than him?" Y/n asked, a bit excited.

"Oh no, he is pretty tall now sweetie, about 5'9 I believe." Her aunt told her.

'Jesus HES a whole 6 inches taller than me. When we were younger I was always a few inches taller and now he's gonna make fun of me for being short. God damnit.' Y/n thought to herself.

"Okay" She said staring out of her window. The breeze running through her hair. She leaned over and turned up the radio. One of her favorite songs were playing. Talk to me by Cavetown. Y/n hummed the tune, her voice smooth like honey. Liane smiles to herself looking over at the (h/c) girl as she kept on driving towards the little mountain town.

A couple hours had passed when Liane drove into the town.

"Only a few more minutes til we arrive
y/n." Her aunt told her.

Y/n perked up at the news and continued to take in the sight of the town. Breathing in the cool air. It smelled of pine trees and grass. A scent she remembered from her childhood.

7 minutes had passed when Liane had pulled into the driveway.

"We're here sweetie." Liane told y/n, turning off the car.

Y/n looked up at the green house in front of her, a smile on her face.