Chap. 1

Setting - Paris

- Just pretend that royalty exists in Paris. Oh, and by the way, some of the things I wrote on here may not be how it's done in the real life, but for the sake of the story, just pretend that this is how it's done mainly in Paris. I don't want any complaints.

~ Also, I know this isn't how it's done in real life, but for the sake of the story, just pretend that they're all out of school at the age of 20. Thanks.

•~•

May 5th, Tuesday

I could feel my heart beating faster and faster as I neared the large golden throne. I walked up the two stairs, and walked over to the man holding unto the crown. I took in a large breath as I stopped right in front of him and turned a little to face the large audience, which had gathered today to celebrate the birth of the new queen. The Archbishop standing before me administered the Coronation Oath, first asking me, "Madam, is your Majesty willing to take the Oath?"

I nodded my head, still feeling the pounding beat of my heart. "I am willing."

The Archbishop continued with his words, asking questions and having me answering them. Finally, when the questions stopped coming, and I heard footsteps walking up to me, I took in one final deep breath. I felt the large golden crown being placed on my head, and as soon as it did, a huge round of applause was heard from the audience. I stood there as I stared at them with a small smile as someone shouted out loud;

"Welcome the new queen of Paris. Queen Marinette!"

This wasn't how I had expected it to go. Being the clumsy klutz I was, I had kind of expected myself to trip and fall, making a huge embarrassment of myself. Ever since I had agreed to take on the role of the new queen, life hadn't exactly been that easy for me. The last queen of Paris, Queen Audrey, had died in a shocking accident which consisted of murdering herself because her husband, the King, had died in a car accident. After it had happened, some people said that it only made sense if the daughter of Queen Audrey became the next queen, but unfortunately, Chloe Bourgeois had failed the Coronation Oath, striking everyone as mean and bossy. I found myself being nominated for the next queen, as everyone said I was kind at heart and smart. I would have thought it was a joke, but nobody joked about the royal positions in Paris.

I was also known as the youngest queen to ever rule Paris, as I was still 20 years old, which is what got some people to dislike me a bit. A few women wanted to have a go at being queen, and constantly told everyone that I wasn't cut out for the position. Some people started agreeing with them, which got me to start agreeing as well. I didn't see myself as a great ruler, but with the fact that most people in Paris thought I was good enough, I went to give it a try.

People went quiet again, and I cleared my throat as I started my speech. As I spoke, quietly at first, but louder when my confidence grew, I looked around the audience. My eyes landed on my friends, whom I'd went to high school with: my best friends, Alya, Nino, and Adrien, the ones who never really enjoyed my presence, Chloe and Lila, and the rest of my classmates. As expected, my friends all had huge grins and smiles up on their faces, while the other two looked to be a bit glum. Although she had never mentioned it, I had kind of gotten the feeling that Lila wanted to be a queen as well. Chloe obviously wanted the position, but I could still remember the words she had used for her speech on that day;

"Hello my fellow peasants! I too was once like you. Scared, anxious, and lost in the crowd. I too once dreamed to be recognized. But now, as I stand on this stage, I see very clearly that we mustn't ever feel that way. Well, at least I mustn't ever feel that way because I was obviously destined for this path. You all should probably rethink your lives. As I stand here on this stage, all I can think of is how much better I am than you and how much more I deserve this than you all. Please, do bother with cheering my name constantly."