Chap. 10

I watched as they handcuffed the woman. I'd already explained to them what Madame Camille had done, so now they were taking her away. Still, even though her story had made sense, even though she told me why she hated Queen Audrey and pushed her off the balcony, it still didn't make sense as to why she had attacked me, after all I hadn't even done anything to her yet at that time. The words she had said before she attacked me still confused me a little. "All queens must die"? At first, I had thought she only said that and attacked me because she was afraid I had come here to expose her and take her away. At first, I thought she was just trying to protect herself from me and continue to live her life peacefully without me coming here to disrupt. But still, no matter how much I thought about it, I had a feeling there was just something more to the story.

I looked over at the cops holding onto the woman as they reached the door. A voice then spoke aloud, telling them to stop, and when they all turned and looked at me, I realized it had been my voice. "Uh. . .I have one last question to ask." I realized that if Madame Camille left now, I may never get to find out the answer. So far now, she had the bigger story to tell out of anyone else, and every words she had spoken to me actually got me to know the situation even better. I had thought Chloe's parents' deaths were connected to mine - that they were somehow killed by the same person - but now, I could obviously see that Queen Audrey's death had been completely different. I still wasn't 100% sure about King Andre though.

"Yes, what is it, Your Majesty?"

I walked up forward towards them. "When I came in here, you attacked me. You said to me, 'all queens must die', but it just doesn't make sense as to why you would do that. I couldn't have been your enemy, yet you attacked me when I was just about to leave. Care to explain?"

Madame Camille lifted her head up to look at me. "I wasn't myself," was what she said, getting me to frown. "No, I'm serious. I literally wasn't myself. It was as if someone else evil had entered my body and was controlling me. I remember just how much pain I was feeling on the inside, because whomever had taken over my body had trapped me inside of my own mind. It was as if I had been possessed. It hurt like hell." That was all she said, which confused me even more. Still, I didn't stop them again as the cops walked her over to their car. I turned around to look at Louis, before I motioned for him to follow me out.

"How did you even manage to get in though the locked door?" I asked him.

"I had to knock it down."

I remember the words I had told Madame Camille before the cops had entered the house. "I don't think you were the last person to see him before he died in the car accident." It made sense in my head because if King Andre had been describing a woman on his paper, then surely that woman must have been the last person he had seen. In other words, that woman, Clara Nightingale, must have been the one to tamper with the brakes of the car and kill the king. Louis opened the door to the limo and I headed inside, feeling tired and beaten up. I took out my phone and checked the time as soon as I heard my stomach growl. 2:54 P.M. I sighed. "Louis, lets head back home." I had gotten extremely tired now.

May 9th, Saturday-

2:34 A.M -

"A mask was covering half of her face, but she had the same hair style and color as you. Her eyes were the same exact colors as your as well. I thought it was you, so I just shrugged it off and let her walk away from the bakery. When I got inside the place, I found your parents lying there, dead."

I whirled around on my bed, suddenly feeling sweats run down my face, which was weird, because my room wasn't even hot. I had wanted to get a good sleep today, perhaps sleep for a few hours, wake up and start doing my business again, but the nightmare I was having was obviously not letting me have that now. I mean. . .it felt like a nightmare two minutes ago, but now it just felt like I was really there, standing in the middle of nowhere, all by myself. It was nighttime where I was standing, and I found myself looking around and around, wanting to know where I was, how I'd gotten here, and why I was here. When I turned back around, I let out a gasp to see someone else standing right in front of me, like they had magically appeared there when I wasn't looking.