Chap. 21

"I know what to do!"

I took in a large breath, staring down at the floor. I remembered Bridgette telling me about how we were connected, and how she was able to telepathically talk to me; vice versa. She was able to make mine and her body pass out, bringing our minds to a location, so she could speak to me. She could do this, and I could do this only because we were connected. Although, I didn't really know how the process worked, how to bring her mind over so I could speak to her, I was still going to give this a try.

"Bridgette told me about how to speak to her without having to know where she was, without even having to come to her." Laura had admitted that she didn't know where Bridgette was staying because Bridgette didn't trust her enough to let her know, but every Fridays, the both of them always selected a location and would go and talk privately. The talk usually consisted of Laura telling Bridgette to quit it, and Bridgette refusing.

I closed my eyes to concentrate, picturing Bridgette in my mind. Then, I winced in pain. At first, I was confused as to why I'd even winced, why I had felt pain on my arm, but I didn't think about those questions as soon as my knees dropped to the floor. I would have thought it was working and that I was beginning to bring my mind and hers together to a location, but the fact that a huge pain on my arm was happening showed me that nothing was working. "ARGH!" I screamed out again, showing the others that I wasn't okay. Quickly, I pushed the sleeve of my shirt back, only for my eyes to widen in shock to see why I had felt pain in the first place.

"Oh my goodness," Chloe said, looking just as worried as the others. They all bent down, staring straight at my arm. It was as if an invisible person was writing on my arm with a knife. I saw it happening right before my eyes, I tried moving my arm just in case an invisible person was really there, writing on my arm, but nothing seemed to work. My arm was bleeding, the letters appearing, forming a sentence. My back landed on the floor, with my mouth wide opened, still screaming out in pain. Obviously, the others were trying to calm me down, figure out what was going on, but if I couldn't do anything, then how could they?

Finally, the writing stopped. I sniffed, already feeling the tears running down my eyes. I sat up from the floor and stared at my bloody arm, trying to make sense of what the words said. "You will lose!" Alya helped me out by reading it out loud. "The bloody writing says 'you will lose'. Who do we know would do this to Marinette? Obviously Bridgette, but how did she manage to write on Marinette's arm without being here."

"Because we're connected!" I cried out. I finally knew what those words meant. "Our bodies are connected. Bridgette was writing on her arm, and because our bodies are connected, the words and pain also showed up on my arm. Bridgette obviously knows we're connected, so she must have done this on purpose to send me a message in such a cruel way."

"You mean-" Adrien started.

"Yes," Laura nodded, standing up. "Marinette is right. Marinette and Bridgette are one body with two different minds. Whatever happens to Bridgette's body also happens to Marinette's body. Every physical pain one girl feels, the other is sure to feel the same pain."

"You mean Bridgette is capable of hurting Marinette anytime she wants?" Adrien screamed out, looking angry. "Without even having to be in the same room as her?"

"Bridgette is also capable of killing Marinette without being in the same room as her," Laura pointed out, "but she would never do that, because for her to do so, she would have to kill herself. The same also goes for Marinette. Marinette can hurt Bridgette physically, or even kill her right now, but to do that, she would have to do it to herself first. The bodies are connected. Whatever happens to one body also happens to the other."

I was kind of mad that I was only figuring this out now. When Bridgette had said we were connected, I didn't think she meant it like this. I sat up from the floor, panting harder than I ever did. I watched with heavy breathing as Adrien binded my arm up, the pain still there and alive. "Thanks," I muttered, forcing the tears not to roll down. I had to stay strong: if I couldn't solve this stupid mess, then I wasn't qualified to be called and known as Queen of Paris. I struggled but finally managed to get back up on my feet. "It's okay. It doesn't hurt that bad." Lying was never a right path towards being Queen most of the time, but right now it was really needed. I didn't want them to look down on me, and it wasn't just my life on the line. . .it was everyone in Paris if this girl wasn't stopped. "I said I have a way to. . .contact her. . .and I do. I just need to focus." I shut my eyes, trying to stay calm, but my arm wasn't helping. Finally, after what seemed to be a while, I felt myself falling. Down. . .