Chap. 19

"You passed out again."

I sighed as I got out of bed, stretching. Of course, whenever I entered a memory, my body would completely pass out, and it was only when I was done experiencing that memory that my mind would return back to my body. The door opened and a few more people walked in, including Rose. One of the maids handed me a glass of water and another gave me a bowl of soup, but while all this happened, I couldn't help but to glue my eyes on Rose. She looked so innocent, yet on the inside, she only wanted to kill me. Finally deciding that I was staring too much, I peeled my eyes away and instead, focused on drinking the soup. I waved the maids off, telling them they could leave now. The others followed the maids out, but Alya, Adrien, Chloe and Nino stayed. I had a feeling they already knew where this was going; they already knew why I passed out, and now they demanded answers. The door closed after Rose went out, which got me to breathe in relief.

"Rose said it happened after you touched her arm," Alya said, and I nodded my head. "So, this has something to do with Rose? Why her? She's literally the sweetest person I've ever met. Is she. . .Is she the next victim?"

I let out a sharp breath. "I don't know. The memory I experienced this time was quite shocking to see, as usual. Bridgette made Rose swallow some kind of potion or something, which got Rose to turn into a different person. Anyway, Bridgette told her to go for me, and Rose agreed without another moment of hesitation. The reason why Rose asked to sleep in my room was just so she'd get the chance to attack me, and most likely kill me in my sleep." I sighed, tired once again. "The real Rose is still in there, but right now, Bridgette is in control of her. I don't know when it's going to wear off, but until then, I need to keep away from Rose."

"Rose isn't the only one-"

I turned my head over to Adrien, who had spoken. "Sorry, what was that?"

Adrien looked at each of them, before returning his eyes on me, as if afraid to say what he was about to say. "You didn't notice it because you were quite busy dealing with other stuff and thinking about what to do. I was walking around the living room, and when you came in, all eyes fell on you. I mean, yes, I get that's normal, but the way they were looking at you, Marinette. Their gazes weren't normal. I just felt like there was something wrong. I pushed that thought aside though, but it came back to me when Juleka grabbed a glass cup from the table when you got close to her. Your back was facing her, and even though I was quite far away, I could still see the murderous look in her eyes. Immediately after she looked at me and knew I'd caught her, she dropped the glass and let you walk past her without getting hurt. Next, Nathaniel came up to me and suddenly asked me if there was some kind of secret passageway that led to your room or something like that. He told me he only asked me this out of curiosity because this place was huge, but I sensed there was something else there; another reason."

My breathing became unsteady, but I quickly got to my feet and headed back to the album placed inside my drawer. Taking it out, I flipped to the picture of our entire class while I sat down on the floor with the album wide opened on my lap. I closed my eyes. First, I touched Ivan, then Kim and then Juleka, because those three were at the back. I experienced each of their memories. Next, my fingers went to Sabrina and Nathaniel. I experienced their memories as well. I finally ended off with touching Max, then Mylene, and Alix was the last. After going through each of them, I shut the album closed with heavy breathing, and I looked up at the others.

"It's not just Rose!" I cried out. "It's everyone! She got to them first! They're all after me." The album slipped out of my hands and I let it fall. Adrien was quick to embrace me, and at first, I wondered if I should trust him. Did Bridgette also get to Adrien, Alya, Nino and Chloe? What about Lila? I never checked her either.