Chap. 3

"But we have to tell her soon. We can't keep hiding this huge secret from her forever. Tom, I can't live with the guilt of her not knowing."

"Yes, I understand, honey, but Marinette is going to get crowned Queen of Paris. Imagine how she would feel if we tell her now. We need to let her have her happiness now, before we come out with the secret."

"But what if she hates us for keeping it from her?"

"I'm not sure about that, but what I do know is that- oh, hey Marinette! I didn't see you there, haha."

My eyes blinked opened, and I moved my arms a little bit trying to figure out where I was laying without having to get up and look. Where I was laying was fluffy and soft. My back instantly ached when I lifted it up a bit. I must have fallen down hard. When I rested my back against the soft bed, my mind was brought back to the strange dream I'd had. Well, the thing was, it wasn't just a dream; it was the same exact event that had happened last week when I'd caught my parents talking about a secret. The only different thing about this dream though was that it was extended. Last week, I had only overheard Maman talking about how I needed to know the secret and I never heard the words Papa had replied her with. But in my dream, Papa's response was heard. Wait-

I could feel my eyes watering once again when my memory went back to the reason why I had fainted in the first place. I'd never thought I'd see such a horrific sight, and when that man had told me that something horrible had happened, I never expected that. It was just too much to handle, seeing them lying there on top of blood. I covered my eyes as I collapsed into tears.

The door opened, which got me to look up, and I didn't even bother wiping my tears off, no matter how ugly, disgusting and embarrassing I looked. The man from yesterday peeked in through the small crack of the door, and his eyes seemed to lit up when he saw I was awake. He looked to the other side of the door and I heard him say, "she's awake. You can come in now." I clenched my hands a little, not really appreciating him saying those words as I wanted an alone time. The door opened much wider and more people entered the room. The man who had invited them in walked up to me and said, "Your Majesty, there's something that needs to be shown to you right of now."

"Do you mind?!" I gritted my teeth a little, trying to look angry under all my sadness and grief. "I need to be alone! Can't you tell me later?!"

"Your Majesty, it's extremely important," the man pushed it. "It would help you understand more of the situation." When I didn't respond back to him, he snapped his fingers over towards one of the officers that had walked in. "Show her."

"Your Maj-"

"JUST CALL ME MARINETTE!!" I suddenly hollered, sending the others back. They all looked at me with such wide eyes, some of them even suddenly becoming terrified with how my tone had changed. "Stop with all this majesty crap," I said more lightly and calmly. My chest felt so heavy. It had happened so quickly and quietly while I was away, brooding over some unimportant business obsession. They had been my anchor when I started to drift. My friends when I had none. They had always been there for me with a smile shining in their bright eyes; and now they was gone. Forever.

My anger slowly dissolved to sadness as tears embraced my eyes, making the white bed wet each time a tear fell down and hit it. Waves of pain washed over me, and my body convulsed to meet each one. They was gone, their light consumed by death's empty darkness. All I had left of them was the fading image in my mind. I could still see them, sitting down on the couch in the living room, enjoying a show on TV, or busy baking in the kitchen. I never even got to tell them I loved them one last time. I didn't get to hold them close, before they slipped away. I never even got to look into their loving, beautiful faces, which always brought me so much happiness, before they died.

Queen of Terrorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें