Chap. 23

"The crown. . .and the machine Clara used to turn Bridgette into a monster."

Everyone was all sitting in my room while I stood, a whiteboard right in front of me. On the board, I had written two things down: crown, and machine, and now everyone else was all waiting for me to explain it.

"Just like Laura had said before, the crown and machine must have collided with some dark magic, because one; the crown being placed on my head and Bridgette finally snapping all happened at the same exact time. And two; both crown and machine had the same purpose: to give out powers. What if. . .what if the crown and the machine are the only two things keeping Bridgette and I connected? And what if the machine is the only thing keeping Bridgette like this?" I sighed as I placed my marker down. "What I'm trying to say is. . .Bridgette was once an ordinary human, until Clara created the machine and turned her like this. I think all it takes to get Bridgette to stop is by destroying that machine."

I breathed in and out after saying my words. I wasn't completely sure if my guess was correct, but I was willing to give everything a try. Looking over at the others, I could see they felt the same way just by telling from their faces. I sat down on one of the seats in my room, giving them all serious faces. "And. . ." I continued. "If this doesn't work. . .I have a plan B." I didn't want to tell them what plan B was, at least, not now.

"Then what are we waiting for? We better get started!" Nino gave a little clap, looking at everyone before turning to the door. "Where do we start, Marinette? The quicker we get this done, well. . .the better. We have to stop Bridgette, just as we promised."

"Laura is against us now," I informed them, sadness biting at the edge of my words. The end of my lips tugged into a small smile after that. "And we still don't know where Bridgette is staying at. For the last memory I experienced, she was at this tiny cabin, but I wasn't exactly sure where that was, and I doubt that's where the machine is at." I then stood up from where I was sitting. "This isn't going to be easy, guys, but at least we have a plan. We don't know where Bridgette is, but we can try someplace else. The house where Clara, Laura and Bridgette used to live together. I was in their house before, unfortunately, I don't remember the location. I'm not even sure if the house is still up now, but it has to be. It's been so many years, but our best shot is that house. It's most likely where the machine still is.

"Maman and Papa were close with Clara, so I'm sure they knew where she lived. We're going to pay the bakery a visit, search inside as best as we can to find some information. They must have put it somewhere in there." I couldn't stop staring at the floor, and though remembering about my dead parents, and how the bakery had gotten closed down because of it, it saddened me still. . .but I forced myself not to let the tears out. We were so close. I could just feel it. I turned around to face the others, but before I could even open my mouth to speak, the door suddenly banged opened and a frantic-looking maid stepped inside.

"Y-Your Majesty. . .there's something happening downstairs. You must come down straight away!" Those were the only words she said before leaving the room. It was then that we all heard a bunch of noises coming from downstairs. My hands trembled, and I shut my eyes for a second, hoping there wasn't another problem to face. My friends were already leaving the room, heading downstairs, so I gathered up all the courage I needed and followed them out.

It was chaos downstairs. All my classmates had gone wild, grabbing ahold of sharp things, breaking glasses and such. I watched as a few of them ripped off curtains, some shatted the glass tables we had, others opened up drawers taking out whatever they could. I even saw a few of them throwing a bunch of onions and whatnot towards the maids and servants there. The sight made be freeze to my spot. It was like I was unable to move, and the only thing I could do was watch as it all unfolded right in front of me. The next thing that happened got me to frown in confusion. They all headed to the large front doors, Ivan opening them up and all of them leaving the palace, holding onto whatever they've picked up.