Chap. 11

The cool breeze entered through the opened window, which I was standing next to. I was waiting. Waiting for something to happen. And then it did. Right before my eyes, a figure wearing all black suddenly appeared sitting on the floor. It couldn't have been a nightmare if I could see her, right? I mean, I know I got this special ability now, but was it really possible for me to see inside of someone else's nightmares? I didn't do anything though; I just stood there, staring. I wish I could see her face, but it was again covered with a mask. This girl. . . I had a strong feeling that this was the same girl that had come up in my nightmare.

The door then opened and Adrien walked in, holding a container of ice cream. When his eyes landed on the figure, the container and spoon immediately dropped down to the floor, a shocking look placed on his face. For a while, none of them spoke. Instead, they kept staring at each other as if waiting for the other to speak first. Finally, Adrien found his voice again, facing the figure with a serious look on his face. "W-Who are you?"

The finger then raced a hand and pointed a finger with black long nails towards Adrien. Although I couldn't quite see her face, I could just imagine the large smirk on it. It was the same smirk she had given me in my nightmare; that smug look. "Marinette. . ." She spoke, and my heart thumped to see that Adrien hadn't been kidding at all. The voice sounded exactly like mine. ". . .will die. She may be smart but," she let out a short chuckle, "I'm smarter." My eyes flew even wider as I saw her just vanish into thin air as if she was never there to begin with.

I opened my eyes, coming back to reality, in my bedroom, with Adrien standing right in front of me. He had a mixture of feelings on his face, and I could tell one of those feelings was definitely confusion. I stepped away from him, thinking about what I'd just seen. This girl. . . If she really was the killer of my parents and Romain, then I really don't think she killed them because she hated them. I looked up at the ceiling as the theory came inside my head. Perhaps, she actually did it because of me. The people that's died so far have all been related to me somehow. My parents were. . .well, my parents. Romain was my butler. Marlena and Otis are best friend's parents and practically my second parents. It makes sense as to why they'd be next. They-

"Marinette?"

I turned around to face Adrien when he interrupted my thoughts. "Yeah?"

"What's going on? I feel like things hadn't been the same ever since you started to rule this place. At first, I thought it was because of your parents. Obviously, lots of people would be absolutely devastated to hear and see their parents dead, but. . .something tells me it's more than that." Adrien had this sort of detective look on his face; it was a look he pulled off whenever he was just too curious about something that he wanted to get started on investigating it right away. I was afraid if Adrien knew the details of what was going on, he would be next somehow. "I mean. . .next, your butler dies, then after that, you tell us that Alya's parents are next, and Alya probably doesn't even know that yet. And then I get this message from this person, which ends up with you touching my arm for some reason. What in the world?" He threw his hands up in the air, and I felt guilty that he had somehow been dragged into this. He gave me another serious look. "Did you see?"

"See what?"

"What happened. I mean, you couldn't have touched my arm for no reason, and witnessing a girl appear and disappear from my room obviously goes to show me that there are some not-so-normal human beings here in Paris. You. . .have powers, don't you?" His question surprised me. "When you touched my arm, it took you back to what had happened to me, right? Your ability lets you become a witness in important events. It would look like you were actually there when it happened, but you're actually not."

"Wow, you catch on way too fast." Due to my surprise of how he had caught on so quickly, a part of me suddenly began to think that he may have powers of his own. Well, that could have just been his brain. "Well Adrien, yes. You're right. Listen, she. . .or it. . .may have sounded like me, but it is not me. I promise you, I've been in my room this whole time, and plus, I don't have the ability to. . .disappear." I was beginning to get frustrated. I wish all the answers I needed would just come rushing inside of my head so I wouldn't have to guess anything anymore. I walked over to my chair and sat down on it, feeling the sweat of nervousness, anger and fear. Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Adrien heading towards my desk and picking up the notebook I'[d left there. I didn't really think much into it because I thought he already knew the whole situation and there was nothing to hide anymore.